PDA

View Full Version : Camping Advice

DocHolliday
07-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey everyone,

The family and i were planning a camping trip sometime later this month. Our original plan was to go to Lake Mohave / Bullhead city area, but we were thinking with hte heat in late july it would be just brutal on the kids. I used to camp at Piru when i was younger but havent been in like 15 years. Also thought about silverwood but not sure how that works, or if its a cool spot to camp. We are going to be there for a few days and will be fishing and jet skiing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Jesse

Troutman65
07-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey Jesse, Saw Sam yesterday. Sorry you were not able to be there.

Silverwood is a fun place . You might check to see if they are booked .

Hope to see you at the lake some time this Summer for CATFISH.

Patrick

DocHolliday
07-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Hey Jesse, Saw Sam yesterday. Sorry you were not able to be there.

Silverwood is a fun place . You might check to see if they are booked .

Hope to see you at the lake some time this Summer for CATFISH.

Patrick

Hey Patrick,

I know i was supposed to be there, but i couldnt make it out. We are going next week i think. anyways thanks for the advice, im going to check on that.

DCCTrouserTrout
07-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Cachuma is a really nice place to camp. I haven't been there is a really long time but all I remember is good things about it.

bassinnut
07-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Casitas has very nice campgrounds with a water park and bike rentals.

greenbean
07-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Try the coast around Ventura and Santa Barbara. El Capitan, Goleta, Gaviota, Jalama and Pismo are all great camp grounds. All have showers and r.v. hookups along with tent camping. The state parks might be a little tough to get into because reservations are probably required and the county parks you'll have to go up on a week day to get a spot because they don't take reservations. Temps shouldn't be over mid 80's. Surf fishing is great along the central coast. There are many great restaurants and wineries in that area too. Pismo can be a zoo at times, but Jalama is my personal favorite. No real crowds, beautiful country, lots of wild life and friendly staff. Have a blast were ever you go. Camping is great for the family!

DocHolliday
07-06-2009, 12:58 PM
Try the coast around Ventura and Santa Barbara. El Capitan, Goleta, Gaviota, Jalama and Pismo are all great camp grounds. All have showers and r.v. hookups along with tent camping. The state parks might be a little tough to get into because reservations are probably required and the county parks you'll have to go up on a week day to get a spot because they don't take reservations. Temps shouldn't be over mid 80's. Surf fishing is great along the central coast. There are many great restaurants and wineries in that area too. Pismo can be a zoo at times, but Jalama is my personal favorite. No real crowds, beautiful country, lots of wild life and friendly staff. Have a blast were ever you go. Camping is great for the family!

Thanks for the great info! Ill definitely check into that. Ill keep you guys posted on whatever we decide to do, once again thanks for everyones input! Its greatly appreciated.

Hometown
07-06-2009, 01:39 PM
It has beutiful campgrounds and the fishing can be fantastic i really injoy the small mouth bass and huge red ears

mickeysindahouse
07-07-2009, 01:22 AM
For what you're looking for, the only one that comes to mind is Silverwood. I'd say Cachuma, but they don't allow bodily contact so the jet ski's are out of the question.

If you're willing to ditch the jet ski's I'd say head over to Cachuma, you won't regret it. It's my favorite camping ground hands down!

DocHolliday
07-07-2009, 11:47 AM
We are going to Silverwood, got reservations for the 20-22nd. Hopefully good times, get my striper slay on!! haha. Thanks for all the input guys. Hopefully ill have a nice report for you all come the 23rd.

Jesse