PDA

View Full Version : Nightcrawlers?

Ifishtoolittle
07-02-2009, 11:38 PM
Anyone know of a good way to keep nightcrawlers fat and healthy in their containers for several months (3 months more or less). Cause I have a bunch of them. Thanks!

-Ifishtoolittle

Flying
07-03-2009, 02:01 AM
Thats a sign that you need to fish more.:Big Grin:

Once you open up a few rotten containers in the frig you won't bother to keep them anymore. We just feed the fish when we are done.

Nessie Hunter
07-03-2009, 07:14 AM
Just set up a Home Worm Farm.. Never buy them again...
http://worms.vinfo-help.com/

tall tales
07-03-2009, 08:59 AM
i feed em to my pet gills in my pond by hand. oh know i forgot the crawlers in my bag yasterday. guess ill have to fishing tomorrow so i can buy more pet food.

Bassnman Mike
07-03-2009, 10:56 AM
Keep them in the fridge and feed them used coffee grounds. The worms will eat the grounds and they get very active

Troutman65
07-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Keep them in the fridge and feed them used coffee grounds. The worms will eat the grounds and they get very active

Hey, Thats what I was going to say. :LOL::Wink:

make sure if there is a dead one pull it out as it will spoil the rest of your worms in the container.

old pudd fisher
07-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Cook up some chicken noodle soup and throw them in it. Thier good for you.

tacklejunkie
07-03-2009, 09:32 PM
+2
I like to use a spoonful or two of coffee and a drop of water.
I've even used food coloring but things start lookin' weird after a while :LOL:

fishfinder
07-03-2009, 10:49 PM
you can use wet newspaer also....

Bassnman Mike
07-04-2009, 04:40 AM
Hey, Thats what I was going to say. :LOL::Wink:

Great minds think alike!

make sure if there is a dead one pull it out as it will spoil the rest of your worms in the container.

That righ there is a VERY IMPORTANT thing to remember to do.

I like to use a spoonful or two of coffee and a drop of water.
I've even used food coloring but things start lookin' weird after a while I never tried that, sounds kinda interesting