PDA

View Full Version : Help for Huntington...

samgann93
07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Im gonna be in huntington for like 5 or 6 days in a week and i want to do some fishing. I know that huntington peir has a little more than just mackerel so how do i catch em. I mainly wanna catch sharks and rays. Where abouts on the pier? What baits?

Im planning on getting some frozen squid and then catch fresh mackerel and use that as bait. but i really would to have a fun time and not just catch mackerel.

Thanks,
SamGann

calico killer kevin
07-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Walk down to Bolsa Chica jetty and get in on some of the good action there lately. I'll be there early tomorrow morning to secure a fire pit. For some surf fishing, walk the shore along dog beach and toss some c-rig gulp camo sandworms.

DCCTrouserTrout
07-03-2009, 03:51 PM
I usually get some sharks and rays out there on mak and squid. Will will catch just about anything on that..

samgann93
07-03-2009, 08:08 PM
cool thanks.

kevin... where the bolsa chica jetty?

fish_sauce
07-03-2009, 09:21 PM
if you're planning to fish for rays and sharks off the pier, make sure you have something (or strong enough line test) to muscle them up once you do hook up....a drop net really helps if you want a safe catch and release from the pier...

if you're fishing off the sand, up your plastics to 5 inch jerk shads for halibut! it will be significantly tougher than hooking up to perch, if successful, it will be much more rewarding :Wink:

samgann93
07-03-2009, 10:27 PM
hows the night surf fishing at huntington???

i figured id do a little shore fishing at night or evening.

calico killer kevin
07-03-2009, 10:31 PM
You can google earth the jetty, but it's north of the pier and it separates Huntington Beach and Bolsa Chica.

Surf fishing at night hasn't been too good for me in the past, but NPH is relatively close by and it's great at night. Whatever you try, good luck.

megafisher94
07-06-2009, 09:09 AM
ill PM u a spot if u want smoothhounds...