PDA

View Full Version : Ron Artest to the Lakers?

troutdog
07-02-2009, 06:02 PM
CBS and the LA Times are reporting they are close to a deal? :EyePop:

Love being a Laker fan....they truely embody the concept of "Commitment to Excellence" :Wink:

TD

DarkShadow
07-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Let's just hope he takes his meds before games.

Aside from being crazy, I think he provides that 'enforcer' type down low that the Laker team could use.

cappo
07-02-2009, 10:04 PM
who will they let go, bynum or ariza?

GET DA NET
07-02-2009, 10:18 PM
who will they let go, bynum or ariza?

Ariza is talking to Houston about a 5year deal.....

flopps1
07-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Good move, I must say! Laker's ante up for sure and make a power move to counter what's happening around the league.

I hate to see Ariza go but if he's in it for the money then you can't blame the guy. However, If he was smart....he'd take a 1 or 2 contract with the Laker's for the 5 or so mil. Puts up some good numbers, gain as much knowledge as he can from the Zen master, possibly gain another title, and ulitmately become a better player. Then get a bigger contract then what he's asking for now.

The bigger picture!

Hometown
07-02-2009, 11:24 PM
Mite just make a la gm gm of the year wait and see

JoeCali
07-03-2009, 04:16 AM
yea its official, the lakers heve traded Ariza for Artest. Cannot believe it can you? nor can I as this just does not make cent$. The fact is both these players are going to make the same amount of $$$ per year, its just that the rockets gave 2 more years than the lakers were willing 2 commit. how @#$%&)( dumb is that, for artest? This non-team player has-been? WOW talk about dumb moves, next thing u know there gonna trade Odom for Bryan Grant...Ouch that one hurt... time for a new GM...:Angry:

JoeCali
07-03-2009, 04:24 AM
Mite just make a la gm gm of the year wait and see

seriously doubt thats gonna happen, ever since jerry west left the lakers, they have not made any major moves for good players. and thats unless Kobe threaten to go elsewhere( pau gasol). mitch kupchek did a major disservice to the laker organization with this bs trade and YOU WILL SEE the results come game time...this just sucks.:Evil:

wellbilldancesays
07-03-2009, 06:05 AM
I really liked Ariza and dont like to see him go BUT losing him for Artest has made the Lakers much stronger.

Ariza was just starting to come out , where Artest is a proven star. Does anyone remember the Houston series? Yao went down the first game and the series was suppose to be a cake walk. Didnt that series go 7 games and led by who for the Rockets? Yup Artest. The fact is Artest was way more dominant than Ariza in that series and the rest of the year as well. Ariza averaged 8.9 PPG , 4.3 Rebounds , 1.8 assists compared to Artest at 17.1 PPG , 5.2 Rebounds , 3.3 assists. Plus Artest plays strong defense so we dont lose anything there.

Artest was a head case but he is also more mature now and remember Rodman? PJ did a pretty good job at handling him. Plus Artest is hungry for a ring and happy to be in LA so hopefully he will bring some positive fire with him.

Also apparently the sport bookies don't think it was such a bad move by Kupchak. When it was official Shaq was going to the Cavs that went head as the favorites to win the 2010 championship, now that Artest is with the Lakers the odds are even for both teams.

crystalmath79
07-03-2009, 08:55 AM
I think it's a bad move. Artest can have some great games, but he tends to be a ballhog and doesn't play a team game. Odom and Artest are childhood friends, so maybe that will help with chemistry. I still would like Ariza to come back

Frenchy
07-03-2009, 10:00 AM
yea its official, the lakers heve traded Ariza for Artest. Cannot believe it can you? nor can I as this just does not make cent$. The fact is both these players are going to make the same amount of $$$ per year, its just that the rockets gave 2 more years than the lakers were willing 2 commit. how @#$%&)( dumb is that, for artest? This non-team player has-been? WOW talk about dumb moves, next thing u know there gonna trade Odom for Bryan Grant...Ouch that one hurt... time for a new GM...:Angry:

im pretty sure they were both free agents it wasnt a trade correct me if im wrong i have looked but i think they both were

The Angler
07-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Wow I dont really like the trade. I myself think Ariza won the playoffs for the Lakers. Yea kobe scored more and what not but every game Ariza hit the clutch 3', and made key defensive plays that kept or gave the Lakers the lead late in the games. But having Kobe being a superstar as he is will ultimatly overshadow what Ariza did for the team throughout the playoffs.

Artest is getting old and Ariza is breaking out of his shell right now, I think its a very bad move. Dont get me wrong Artest is a monster but expect to have a Kobe/Shaq type year with a bunch of drama between the 2 with Artest being a hog and kobe demanding the rock. Its going to be a sketchy year next season.

GO LAKERS!!!

wellbilldancesays
07-03-2009, 04:12 PM
First off it wasnt a trade. They were both free agents and for some reason after the season there was a little riff between Lakers and Ariza. Something about Ariza "didn't feel appreciated" so he went to the rockets for basically the same pay the lakers offered him.

Ariza was clutch during the playoffs for sure but no doubt about it without Kobe we dont win a championship.

Also remember people can change. All this stuff I'm hearing about Artest is the same stuff I heard about Kobe a couple of years ago. Thank goodness the Lakers management didnt listen to all the people wanting to get rid of Kobe.

I think its actually a huge improvement for the Lakers. Artest is better than Ariza and that is a fact. Plus Artest maybe an 1" shorter than Ariza but outweighs him by 50 pounds! Artest is a frigging beast and more atheltic than Ariza.

One thing I know for sure Ariza is going to go nowhere with rockets, sucks for him.

jlgarciaiii22
07-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I really think this would work if Artest can feed Kobe's ego and not get in the way... But if he trys to be the #1 option... WATCH OUT! He may have to take his place on the bench and scrap up some playing time!

DCCTrouserTrout
07-03-2009, 06:14 PM
I think this one might blow up on the lakers.

calico killer kevin
07-03-2009, 06:44 PM
This is an all or nothing trade. As most of you, I hate to see Ariza gone, but the fact is, Artest is an Ariza with the tough defense, the scrappiness, the scoring, but he has leadership, a loud mouth, and is a bit older. Other than the last three, he is an improvement of Ariza.

Ariza's agent on the otherhand has just f'ed him for the next five years because he is going into a dead-end team that is composed of two consistently injured superstars. He is going to have to be the Artest for them next year, but there's no way he can do it without someone to take all the heat off of him(Kobe). He could've been great with the Lakers, but under Adelman...

Hitts0n
07-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Dayum all you guys do is hate on the Lakers management,Kobe...now Artest? Come on now.We all know that this so far is the best pick up of the year for any team right now.Like Bill said.....good thing the Lakers management dont listen to the fans? Artest and Kobe will 0wn the west!
Ariza will just be good with the Rockets.Maybe him and Tracy will bring the R0ckets back to the playoffs.True Laker fans stick by the Lakers no matter what.Lakers are going on a 2 peat for sure.If Kobe gets hurt,Artest will carry the Lakers.If Artest gets hurt,Kobe will carry the Lakers.Artest old? Hahahahahahahhahahaha ! Thats the dumbest comment i've heard all through this thread.He's 29 years old!? Do you think the Lakers are looking to keep him for 8 years? No ! Ron Artest is an allstar player.And I cant wait to purchase his new 2009-2010 Lakers Jersey in purple,and in yellow.
Go Lakers !! Stop hating on them ! All you haters will be cheering for the Lakers when they are back in the playoffs tearing teams apart!

I cant wait for the next thread by Troudog.....what will the Lakers record be this season? 70+ :ROFL::ROFL:

Hometown
07-06-2009, 03:21 PM
I stand by origanal post

DccFISHerMan
07-06-2009, 03:27 PM
dont get me wrong, ariza is one hell of a player, but i think that artest is gonna help out the lakers big time, he is defently going to give the team a lil more attitude

Khmerfishing
07-06-2009, 03:48 PM
dont get me wrong, ariza is one hell of a player, but i think that artest is gonna help out the lakers big time, he is defently going to give the team a lil more attitude

And that's what this team need..." a lil more attitude" .

Like the poster stated above Ariza agent f'ed up for him. Ariza was demanding the Lakers to pay him the big money...I heard in 9-10 mil range! Thats crazy for a good (not great) role player! We'll miss him but thats why we have ARTEST aka Tru Warier...Artest is a true beast man he can guard the bigger small forward: Lebronze, Melo, and Paulie...

i dont know about yah but I cant wait till pre season start...

MAN VS WILD
07-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Can you say "BACK 2 BACK"!!!!!!

primo55
07-06-2009, 07:53 PM
looks like another parade!!:Razz:

slief
07-07-2009, 11:09 AM
Artest is a nut case!!! I LOVE it!! Watching Kobe and Artest fight it out in the playoffs was great! Now I can only imagine him as a Laker and not a foe.. Playing alongside Kobe. He is loyal like a pitbull and I would only imagine that teams facing the lakers have one more reason to fear us..

We had pretty good defense last season.. This season, with the addition of Artest, I would expect our defense to rival anybodies in the NBA..

Ariza was definately a keeper, but Ron Artest is a big step up IMO.. He has a better all around game and I think he makes the lakers a much deeper team.

dnsjess
07-07-2009, 12:35 PM
I think this move will free up kobe from playing defense and will allow kobe to play more agressive at offence. We have to remember that Kobe is not going to stay young.