PDA

View Full Version : Willow / Studebaker... Eldorado Park

jlgarciaiii22
07-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Has anybody ever fished this small Park Lake on the corner of Willow/Studebaker in Long Beach.... I believe its called Eldorado Park, but it is not the park that runs along the 605 freeway!

a biley
07-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Illegal, It's the nature center.

Luc25
07-02-2009, 01:22 PM
Think he is talking about the duck pond next to the golf course since you cant see the lake inside the nature center. If looking at the pond right off the corner near the soccer fields it is illegal to fish this pond. About 7 years ago we fished that spot every night and use to catch fat bass. Biggest was a solid 10plus bass right infront of the no fishing sign near the fountain. We eventually got caught a paid a $250 fine which is prolly more now. Over the time the fishing did go down which we found fish that looked similar to a snakehead dead on shore. There are huge carp though inside that pond. I would steer away from fishing there since it does require Ninja skills which the rangers would be more than happy to chase you for miles. It use to be the inner city jewel few knew about. It outfished any of the eldo pay lakes in a heatbeat. The fine was kinda worth it.

jlgarciaiii22
07-02-2009, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the info.... Was out giving a estimate for some work and noticed this duck pond. Nobody fishing the lake so i had to ask...

fisherman from long beach
07-02-2009, 01:51 PM
you cant fish the lil pond,but you can fish the lil lakes on the 605,ive cought blue gill and ive seen guys walkin the shores and catchin nice lmb.

bassaholic90
07-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Think he is talking about the duck pond next to the golf course since you cant see the lake inside the nature center. If looking at the pond right off the corner near the soccer fields it is illegal to fish this pond. About 7 years ago we fished that spot every night and use to catch fat bass. Biggest was a solid 10plus bass right infront of the no fishing sign near the fountain. We eventually got caught a paid a $250 fine which is prolly more now. Over the time the fishing did go down which we found fish that looked similar to a snakehead dead on shore. There are huge carp though inside that pond. I would steer away from fishing there since it does require Ninja skills which the rangers would be more than happy to chase you for miles. It use to be the inner city jewel few knew about. It outfished any of the eldo pay lakes in a heatbeat. The fine was kinda worth it.

i use to go that route to go to cslb lol i use to fish there in the morning sometimes

Stormcrow
07-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I grew up about 1/4 mile from the duck pond. I spent 15 years fishing there. Its so sad, fishing USED to be allowed in the 1980s. For some wierd reason, they outlawed fishing there. There are HUGE bass as well as catfish, carp and perch there. The water used to be very clean in the 80s but as demographics changed in LB the water became VERY polluted with plastic trash. It was very sad. I think fishing was finally outlawed because of excessive hooks and tackle on the ground.

Ninja is nearly impossible because there is NOWHERE to run, except INTO the golf course.

Luc25
07-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Yea, its funny how they made it that way which is kinda good though. If fishing was continued at the pond it would be just like the eldo lakes, "Trash" and we would not have stories to tell about it. I bet back then you could tear a nice 5lb plus bass on a regular.

Stormcrow
07-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Yea, its funny how they made it that way which is kinda good though. If fishing was continued at the pond it would be just like the eldo lakes, "Trash" and we would not have stories to tell about it. I bet back then you could tear a nice 5lb plus bass on a regular.

Its true, and what alot of people dont know is that there is a ton of structure in there too. In addition, the pond is close to 30 feet deep on the back side where the little amphitheatre is. Perfect for big bass to go deep in the winter time as instinct tells them.

I learned to fish cranks there when I was 9 after watching Bill Dance Outdoors. Ahhhh the memories. :-) kind of like a girl you used to date and thinking back years later how good she smelled.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
07-02-2009, 11:54 PM
you had me at ninja in long beach, you lost me at fine...lol

Frenchy
07-03-2009, 12:44 PM
if anyone wants to go ive done it a few times in the last year not that hard just gotta be ninja invisible

FU*KN monster fish in there

Billy Bass
07-03-2009, 05:26 PM
When I was a kid in the 60's my Aunt used to take us to that pond to feed the ducks and fish. Mostly small green sunfish and an occasional baby bass. The main lakes didn't exist back then.