ghost2uu
07-02-2009, 11:33 AM
THIS IS NOT A JOKE OR A RAMBO BOY POST. LOL JUST KIDDING RAMBO

#11324, "World Record Largemouth Bass Contender Caught!"

This just went down a couple of hours ago
Certified weight: 10.12 kg. = 22 lb. 5 oz
Length: 29.4 inches
Location caught: Lake Biwa, Japan

This was just on the TV news about an hour ago, so this is all the info I have. Mr. Okamura, the president of Deps Tackle Co., helped with the interview; I did not catch the anglers name.

We are well past the spawning season when most of the giants are caught at Lake Biwa; most of the fish now are quiet slender (after spawn condition). Not this one!

Congrats to the angler on a fine catch.

Lake Biwa shocked the bass world a couple years ago by producing a bass that was well over 18 pounds (The Japan record was caught at Lake Ikehara, and weighted over 19 pounds.).

A 25 1/2 lb. bass was caught as by catch in a fisherman's net earlier this year, so many thought it would be just a matter of time before a record size fish was taken from Japan's largest (over 70 miles long) natural lake.

ghost2uu
07-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Another pic

Bird dog
07-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Shocking! I thought for sure Cali would get it.

ghost2uu
07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Ifga says record must be broken by 2 ounces this beat it by 1 ounce so who knows if it will be considered a record

bsp
07-02-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. It's still one heck of a catch.

basscatcher
07-02-2009, 12:01 PM
thats one heck of a catch i hope some in the US catches one bigger so they could bring home that title back to the US

God BLess

basscatcher

troutdog
07-02-2009, 12:02 PM
I wonder if they got it on the banjo minnow?

TD

matt duarte
07-02-2009, 12:21 PM
japan doesnt count haha why in the first pic does it only say 7"long? maybe my eyes are bad...the second pic looks big though....japan still doesnt count especially when they stock the lake is 18lb bass.....cheaters haha

no but seriously thats a beast!

fishntime
07-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Those Japanese make some crazy fishing equipment, but they sure know how to use it. Congrats to the angler who nailed that HAWG!

ghost2uu
07-02-2009, 01:43 PM
another pic of the beast

WARRIORMIKE
07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Looks like a sunfish to me :Secret:

chunk
07-02-2009, 02:23 PM
awesome.totally awsome

ghost2uu
07-02-2009, 04:08 PM
california needs to step up and smash that record. I will be out doing my part at dvl and castaic this weekend.

fishmounter
07-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah I made the replica mount a few years ago for the previous Japan
record. Had to do some serious searching and fiberglass bending to get the correct girth.
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/fishmounter/JapanrecordLMB.jpg

marc626
07-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Congats to the Angler!

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jul/02/1s3outdoors1545/?sports/outdoors&zIndex=126004

marc626
07-02-2009, 05:18 PM
There's more on Espn Bassmaster as well!

Flying
07-02-2009, 05:24 PM
japan doesnt count haha why in the first pic does it only say 7"long? maybe my eyes are bad...the second pic looks big though....japan still doesnt count especially when they stock the lake is 18lb bass.....cheaters haha

no but seriously thats a beast!

Thats a metric scale. 7.6cm =29.9 inches

NICKYMOUSE8
07-02-2009, 05:37 PM
Not only to add insult I hear that the Japanese gave bass steroids to break records in addition the world record is not the same as a California record I rest my case.but congrats to the whom ever the dude is

Astrolux
07-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Forget the bass, I want that HAIR!!!!

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=13649&d=1246567380

hookup
07-02-2009, 08:53 PM
wow thats crazy

nismotech91
07-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Definately a pig!!!

DCCTrouserTrout
07-02-2009, 09:47 PM
That thing doesn't even look normal... ha ha

exfactor
07-03-2009, 07:24 AM
not sure, but could that person be a girl?

Frenchy
07-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Whatttttttttttt damn knew i should have brought my fishing **** to japan last year wonder if fish in japan have seen alot of swimbaits

Troutman65
07-03-2009, 11:47 AM
another pic of the beast

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=13649&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1246567380 (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=13649&d=1246567380)

That guy who took the pic. has been taking photo lessons from Jimmy at Irvine Lake .:LOL:

Nice bass.

Frenchy
07-03-2009, 01:33 PM
all those pics on tht websit looks like he killed it e=what a dick

polyflakes
07-04-2009, 08:56 AM
looks alive in the vid on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXOyXArL9rw

check it out

Frenchy
07-04-2009, 01:56 PM
sure its alive there but at no point do you see that fish being realesed whata dick

a biley
07-04-2009, 02:32 PM
sure its alive there but at no point do you see that fish being realesed whata dick

the fish is actually now frozen and waiting to be checked by IFGA...

you can't call him a dick... If it were caught here, it probably would have had to be frozen too.

George Perry ate his Record catch...

NICKYMOUSE8
07-04-2009, 02:56 PM
the fish is actually now frozen and waiting to be checked by IFGA...

you can't call him a dick... If it were caught here, it probably would have had to be frozen too.

George Perry ate his Record catch...Why wasn't dottie frozen then abiley???Gee can't wait to hear some buster from so.cal Breaks the Japs record and gives the title where it belongs CALI!!!

a biley
07-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Why wasn't dottie frozen then abiley???Gee can't wait to hear some buster from so.cal Breaks the Japs record and gives the title where it belongs CALI!!!

I actually heard that they wanted dottie frozen to check it or something like that... I personally would have released it. But with all the fame and sponsors for someone who catches a record bass, you can't really blame the guy.

PLUS! I bet IFGA doesn't want to give them the record, since they want it in the states lol!!! so we're still good!

bigbaitlobina
07-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Thats a an awsome catch...! I believe he diserves that record. But most likely he my not get it because of the 2oz. rule wich i think is BS! Who knows if Perry's record was weighd on a certifide scale. It could of been smaller or bigger who knows. I my self dont really care if the fish came from Japan.
Yeah he killed the fish. That is sad but i would of done the same thing. I would do my best to make money on that fish and be the one to be recognized as the guy who broke the record that stood for 75 years just like anyone else would.
So all im trying to say is it dont matter if the record came from the U.S. or Japan or any were else on the planet its WORLD RECORD not a U.S. record. their is alway gana be a bunch of haters out there and im one of them. But he diserves the recognition. He beat by almost an 1oz.

alex a.

ghost2uu
07-06-2009, 09:20 AM
thats a an awsome catch...! I believe he diserves that record. But most likely he my not get it because of the 2oz. Rule wich i think is bs! Who knows if perry's record was weighd on a certifide scale. It could of been smaller or bigger who knows. I my self dont really care if the fish came from japan.
Yeah he killed the fish. That is sad but i would of done the same thing. I would do my best to make money on that fish and be the one to be recognized as the guy who broke the record that stood for 75 years just like anyone else would.
So all im trying to say is it dont matter if the record came from the u.s. Or japan or any were else on the planet its world record not a u.s. Record. Their is alway gana be a bunch of haters out there and im one of them. But he diserves the recognition. He beat by almost an 1oz.

Alex a.

well said lol

goodguy
07-06-2009, 10:54 AM
All of you ripping the guy because he didn't release it get off your high horse!
The fact is, in order to confirm the record the fish 99.9% of the time would die from all the handling and weighing and poking and proding.... Records rarely make it to swim away healthy. With all the $$ and fame that comes along with this records I doubt all you high and mighties would have just taken a picture and released it.... You would not get the record this way...

rip555
07-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Just to let you guys know, black bass are a non-native species in Japan. They are not allowed to be caught and released since they are now deemed an invasive species. All black bass caught cannot be released. He had no choice but to kill it. This makes the record that much more impressive because they cannot catch and release. That means that until this time when it was caught, it has escaped being hooked my anglers.

PHISHnutS
07-06-2009, 12:29 PM
Just to let you guys know, black bass are a non-native species in Japan. They are not allowed to be caught and released since they are now deemed an invasive species. All black bass caught cannot be released. He had no choice but to kill it. This makes the record that much more impressive because they cannot catch and release. That means that until this time when it was caught, it has escaped being hooked my anglers.

C'mon, the real bass anglers out there are not catching and killing the bass, if somoeone with a badge is looking over their shoulder then maybe but I think most are accidentally releasing them. :Secret:

a biley
07-06-2009, 12:51 PM

actually the new law isn't in effect yet. they are still allowed to release bass. They are trying to harvest a certain amount of lbs per year to control it, but can't make that amount from what I've been reading

fongster
07-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Guys, the fish died in the livewell. I got that from Capt. G who lives in Japan and knows the angler who caught it. So stop going on about killing it. On C and R over there, very few are allowed to do it. You have to have a special permit.

ghost2uu
07-07-2009, 01:39 PM
I heard he caught it on a live bluegill like fish. Man imagine if we could fish live rainbows in cali the record would fall for sure.

J. Owen
07-07-2009, 08:31 PM
wow first they took over the car industry now bass fishing!!!
just a joke:ROFL:
beautiful fish

BASS-MON
07-09-2009, 09:55 PM
damn damn damn just give the guy the freaken record.......

BassandRelease
07-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Sux if it did die in the livewell. Had I caught it would have made money by haing it shown off in all the bass pro tanks. I'm sure they'd have some kind of scientists and people to take all precautions to insure it lived. Then after it was shown off I'd release it back to where I caught it. I wish I could use live bluegill to catch the record!

goodguy
07-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Fish that old and that big do not do well with being transported and handled to much... There's no way it would survive your bass pro shops tour... Fish this big aren't as tough and spry like a 3 lber is... They are old, and just like old people aren't as resilient anymore... I don't care how many scientists or biologists you have on duty...

That Dang Guy
07-10-2009, 02:07 PM
TTog reported that it was caught on a live Koi. The natural forage in that lake i guess. LOL

ghost2uu
07-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Koi the trout of the far east.

tacklejunkie
07-10-2009, 07:39 PM

In Japan, bass is considered a harmful fish by some people. There are some lakes in which they don't allow "catch and release" but promote catch and kill. The general public are sometimes told that bass eat every native Japanese fish in the lake and because of that, they're called devil fish by some.

http://www.bassdozer.com/articles/japan.shtml

That Dang Guy
07-10-2009, 08:26 PM
They get LMB and we get snakehead and asian carp. ;)

tacklejunkie
07-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Live Koi Alternative.
Looks like they do good on a something lake fork magic shad ripped off too. lol