PDA

View Full Version : Balboa Island Again!!!

BIGB951
07-01-2009, 07:58 PM
Went out to Balboa Island again on Monday this week and had another great day... Weather was over-cast and a bit cold which was a nice break from the hell hole Riverside lol... got there at 6am and left around 3pm... the water was calm (calmer then I've ever seen) with minimal wind...
Caught this lil spotted sea bass within 20 mins lol
Then I caught his big brother lol
This Perch I gave to the three dudes fishing next to us
Caught a couple of DAMN stingrays but the pic isnt uploading (maybe its too big) but they were fun and put up a good fight
And then I caught this nice 2lb spotted sea bass and took him home for delicious filets

bones
07-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Good Job on the fish but.....
You should have let the spottie go and ate the stingray!
Some guys here say they taste like chicken!

BIGB951
07-01-2009, 09:23 PM
Good Job on the fish but.....
You should have let the spottie go and ate the stingray!
Some guys here say they taste like chicken!

LOL... I normally C&R but I was really craaving fish and he was a goos size... as for stingray I'm not sure if I'm down to try it lol... I wouldn't even know what to do with it, how to clean it, what to eat, how to cook it... but If you know how or have a site that tells you how to do all that PM me.. thanks by the way take it easy brotha man

HESBROS
07-01-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice job, I second the vote to let the spottie go. But, to each his own.

RUSSO
07-02-2009, 12:29 AM
Yeah, Bro, not to pile on, but the Spotties should be released, especially when you pull em out of the storm drain.

chunk
07-02-2009, 02:29 PM
wait.you mean people who eat spotties read this site for info then go catch and feast?that sucks

ghetto dad
07-02-2009, 02:35 PM
nice job man...but if possible, please release those....man...Balboa Island used to be on the DL when i fished it pretty regularly...now it seems like EVERYONE fishes this place now....

GD

BIGB951
07-02-2009, 03:58 PM
So nobody trips anymore... I have been fishing since I was 6 I am now 21 I have been going to this spot for almost 11yrs now... Like I stated before I do NORMALLY catch and release to keep the sport and the spot active... I felt like having some fish that day so everyone calm down... My only intention of posting this thread was for everyone to know what the report is down there... If you are strictly C&R that is your opinion but I on occasion keep my catches ok? ... I appreciate your guys' opinions and in no way do I EVER disrespect my spots so just chill out... Thank you

BIG

BIGB951
07-02-2009, 04:01 PM
wait.you mean people who eat spotties read this site for info then go catch and feast?that sucks

I have been going to this spot for 11yrs.. so NO I don't read this site to snatch an area and "feast" as you'd say...Know before you speak you'll sound smarter lol

BIGRED KILLA
07-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the pics and report. Those fish spend there whole life in that harbor with all the boats and there bilge pumps pumping out all that leaking oil and gas the storm run offs all the chemicals from peeps washing off there big boats all in the harbor. But Keep eating them i want to see what happens try to get a tomcod in your system to you might have super powers. Keep it up out there and thanks for report.

Bigred

BIGRED KILLA
07-02-2009, 07:42 PM
nice job man...but if possible, please release those....man...Balboa Island used to be on the DL when i fished it pretty regularly...now it seems like EVERYONE fishes this place now....

GD

Don't worry Steve if MLPA closes NPH from fishing it will really be on the DL.

Bigred

TShaffer
07-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the pics and report. Those fish spend there whole life in that harbor with all the boats and there bilge pumps pumping out all that leaking oil and gas the storm run offs all the chemicals from peeps washing off there big boats all in the harbor. But Keep eating them i want to see what happens try to get a tomcod in your system to you might have super powers. Keep it up out there and thanks for report.

Bigred

Mercury Man Away!
Lol just kidding nice report and if you do end up trying stingray I wanna hear about it.

pineapple express
07-08-2009, 12:30 AM
eh bigb951

i wanna know how the spottie tasted ? how did you cook it ?
was it any good ?
personally i'd be skurd to eat any bay fish, but that's just me.
the false sense of catching fish offshore & eating it, with all the
pollutants in the water we are all gambling. lil mercury or other harzards
in moderation, it's all good. nothing like fresh poke with a cold one...lol.
just eat it !!!

mahaloz for da report.
PE