PDA

View Full Version : Big Bear 6-30

Mike274
07-01-2009, 01:09 AM
A friend invited me up to Big Bear Lake for some fishing. Went out from 7am-1:00 for nada. Trolled with leadcore line for the first couple of hours using various lures, then switched to still fishing with PB, worms and mini-jigs. Heard from several people that fishing was very slow this year. Very strange that we traveled the entire lake with a fish finder and saw very few fish. We saw 2-3 small schools and the rest onesy twosy stuff. Also had several large areas with no fish mapped at all. Huge lake but basically no fish. Figure they have to be somewhere unless there was a die off of some sort. Think next time I will drive the extra 1.5hours to the sierra's.

Mike

JHDucky
07-01-2009, 05:08 AM
I am wondering if the construction on the new bridge has anything to do with the really slow fishing there. I was up there at the beginning of June and caught two tiny cats without a single bite from the trout in the two days I fished the lake. I fished from the shore one day and out on a boat the other.
John

Kimura6985
07-01-2009, 07:05 AM
A friend invited me up to Big Bear Lake for some fishing. Went out from 7am-1:00 for nada. Trolled with leadcore line for the first couple of hours using various lures, then switched to still fishing with PB, worms and mini-jigs. Heard from several people that fishing was very slow this year. Very strange that we traveled the entire lake with a fish finder and saw very few fish. We saw 2-3 small schools and the rest onesy twosy stuff. Also had several large areas with no fish mapped at all. Huge lake but basically no fish. Figure they have to be somewhere unless there was a die off of some sort. Think next time I will drive the extra 1.5hours to the sierra's.

Mike

Hey check my old post, have been up there many times this year with little or no luck, hear all kinds of excuses why the fish aren't biting, bought new fishfinder was woundering if it was working properly, noticed the same thing with the lack of fish showing up, see many carp jumpin but where are the trout???:???: Cheers!

CatchthatTrout
07-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Mr. Bendo's last couple of trips up there resulted in a big SKUNK.

If he's not catching at Big Bear.....there's no fish!!

Mike274
07-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I don't wear the stripe often myself, but man it was tough. Like dropping dynamite into the lake then trying to find fish.

Kimura - Funny you mentioned the fish finder. We were thinking that ours was broken or something.

I was thinking about the bridge construction myself, and think it must have something to do with it. Unfortunately the scheduled completion date isn't until 2012. Guess I won't be fishing up there for quite some time. Like I said I gues I will drive the extra 1 hour to bishop. Thanks for the input guys.

Mike