PDA

View Full Version : Boring report....!

trlrtrsh67
06-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Went down to Redondo Sun. morning to fish the first weekend on the Tradition...no dice, dead in the water, no generator, not fishing. Grrrrrrr, was really lookin forward to fishing with the guys again...next time, $4it happens!

Ran up to MDR and caught the Spitfire for a 3/4 day; first time fishing that boat since it moved there. I gotta say the crew running that boat really seem to be a good bunch of guys with service as the main goal!!

Fishing on the other hand sucked donkey 8All$ to say the least. There were a few here and there, i forget the totals, I ended up with 1 short calico so at least I wasn't one of the guys with the skunk!! We fished the northern end of the bay...BKR, Malibu etc. Got windy/choppy at the end of the day and got to watch one guy puke while sitting on the top deck---clasic man,thanks for the entertainment! LOL.

Closing.....always, ALWAYS call the landing the day before you trip and confirm that your scheduled boat is still SCHEDULED!!!!! Sucks to make a 95 mile drive and have to resort to plan B! If planning to fish outta of MDR you gotta have cash, no credit cards! Finally, if considering the Spitfire...go for it! I liked the crew, we just had one of those crap days that makes fishing...well...fishing! LATER.

ghetto dad
06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
Went down to Redondo Sun. morning to fish the first weekend on the Tradition...no dice, dead in the water, no generator, not fishing. Grrrrrrr, was really lookin forward to fishing with the guys again...next time, $4it happens!

Ran up to MDR and caught the Spitfire for a 3/4 day; first time fishing that boat since it moved there. I gotta say the crew running that boat really seem to be a good bunch of guys with service as the main goal!!

Fishing on the other hand sucked donkey 8All$ to say the least. There were a few here and there, i forget the totals, I ended up with 1 short calico so at least I wasn't one of the guys with the skunk!! We fished the northern end of the bay...BKR, Malibu etc. Got windy/choppy at the end of the day and got to watch one guy puke while sitting on the top deck---clasic man,thanks for the entertainment! LOL.

Closing.....always, ALWAYS call the landing the day before you trip and confirm that your scheduled boat is still SCHEDULED!!!!! Sucks to make a 95 mile drive and have to resort to plan B! If planning to fish outta of MDR you gotta have cash, no credit cards! Finally, if considering the Spitfire...go for it! I liked the crew, we just had one of those crap days that makes fishing...well...fishing! LATER.

Yeah...thats BS the way that office runs...they need to TAKE NAMES AND PHONE NUMBERS for this reason, and for any "last minute" (which shouldnt happen) charters.....

Good try anyways homie....

GD