PDA

View Full Version : Toad Yellowtail/Seabass Sunday was a good day.

ToadsToadsOnly
06-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Hit the Islands Sunday forgot the camera in my car on the way out I told my buddy damn I forgot my camera the fishing is going to be wide open. Got to the spot a little late again a little before 7am we never seem to be able to get to the spot for the Grey light bite. Next time I am going to head out the night before. As we cruise up to the spot we see about 15 Private boats out and abut 10 squid boats. We settled in next to the boat named Booya since they were hooked up. We dropped down my buddy goes bendo drag ripping then pop! bye bye fish. Not too long after I Hookup!!!!! I'm on 36lb yellow beat my personal best by 2 lbs. Little did I know I was going to have my PB 2 times over. Long story short my buddy busted off 4 fish before he got the skunk off he landed 1 yellow, 1 seabass, his wife got her first yellow (I tried to get her to eat the heart (didn't work), I ended up with 6 fish Dumped 1 off due to a double header on both my rods, 4 monster yellows, 2 seabass. The yellows went 39 1/2lb, 36, I did not weight the other two but they looked between 25-30lb, seabass low 30s, the other about 15.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/IMAG0038.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/Picture055.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg264/toadstoadsonly/Picture054.jpg

Go Big Or Go Home

troutdog
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Dude you're killing me Jonathan...i'm just not reading your reports anymore! :LOL:

Congrats my brotha...how about a steak or two for the bbq? :Wink:

TD

HEMAN
06-30-2009, 06:00 PM
nicely done man.. i'm going to have to send a spy to follow your boat around... so don't mind the black jetski and ninja outfit.. haha

TheFishcatcher
06-30-2009, 06:03 PM
Dude! Those are some nice size yellows. I was at your buddy house and had a chat with him the other day, he had shown me the picture of the monster black sea bass that he C&R. Man! that fish was huge. Anyway, I like his cool new ride, kinda funny that he made a brand new patio to cover it though.:Big Grin: Thanks for the nice report.

ToadsToadsOnly
06-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Dude you're killing me Jonathan...i'm just not reading your reports anymore! :LOL:

Congrats my brotha...how about a steak or two for the bbq? :Wink:

TD

Next time ill save you some I usually only keep enough to eat. Since the more I keep more for ya. My buddy and his family loves fish so he get to spend hours cleaning them. Count me out on that after fishing I rather hit the sac and sleep.

nicely done man.. i'm going to have to send a spy to follow your boat around... so don't mind the black jetski and ninja outfit.. haha

That's what you call ninja fishing lolz. You could do that I don't mind the company or you could just PM me for the info that would be much easier.

Dude! Those are some nice size yellows. I was at your buddy house and had a chat with him the other day, he had shown me the picture of the monster black sea bass that he C&R. Man! that fish was huge. Anyway, I like his cool new ride, kinda funny that he made a brand new patio to cover it though.:Big Grin: Thanks for the nice report.

Ha ha that was the BSB I caught last week was it this one (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=34930) on my previous post. He did say he caught a big one at Santa Barbara Island last year though. Yea the ride was brand new when he got it so it does the job. When I saw the patio I thought the same he first had to knock down his wall. Maybe you'll be able to get out and fish with us one day.

vince champion
06-30-2009, 06:55 PM
nice going johnny boy!

Liteliner
06-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Damn thats slayage man. Congrats on the PB's. Toads for sure...

madbass
06-30-2009, 07:15 PM
Looks like you caught those in the jungle, hahahah,!!! great catch and trip for sure!!!!

supasportkid
06-30-2009, 07:37 PM
dam you hooked up! good job bro

TheFishcatcher
06-30-2009, 07:45 PM
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=34930[/url]) on my previous post. He did say he caught a big one at Santa Barbara Island last year though. Yea the ride was brand new when he got it so it does the job. When I saw the patio I thought the same he first had to knock down his wall. Maybe you'll be able to get out and fish with us one day.

After I saw the varieties of fish that you guys have caught I got really tempted but the last time I went to Catalina with a buddy of mine, I got floored for the whole day :Sad:. I haven't go back to saltwater fishing again after that miserable trip. I kinda stick to the freshwater species these days. Your uncle was mentioned about his past trips to DVL and Castaic, maybe we need to get together sometimes and hits the local lakes bro.

really_drunk
06-30-2009, 07:54 PM
WOW :Shocked:..congrats on the pb ... gr8 pics...so jealous :Sad:....

NY4Reels!
06-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Very nice load of monster fish! The best part is that you didn't have to go on a multiple day trip out of SD to catch them. Looks like the island went bizerk this past weekend! How much better can it get!!??

flopps1
06-30-2009, 09:43 PM
Very nice!!!

DEADROOTS
07-01-2009, 12:21 AM
You make that look easy. I still haven't hooked one. Good job!

CudaChaser
07-01-2009, 02:51 AM
great pict on some hefty fish. Lots of good eating there as well. Thanks for report!

CudaChaser

JSAUCE818
07-01-2009, 06:21 AM
TOADSTOADSONLY. you live up to that name brotha. Sick...

KittyKiller
07-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Quality fish, good job on the new PB

TONTO6190
07-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Man what a day for you. Looks like I am fishing with the wrong guys. Good job.

victor101
07-01-2009, 08:40 AM
DAM those are some NICE yellows man!

congrats on the double pb!

BigBass777
07-01-2009, 11:08 AM
Man! Is that more than a slayage or what? That is a major arse whoopin' on fish? Great job! Those fish are no dought quality size!

russ88
07-01-2009, 01:12 PM
WOWSERS!!!! Geez straight gangster with that rod n reel. Go Big n Go home like a superstar...lol Killing it everytime!!!

TroutOnly
07-02-2009, 06:35 AM
YOU ARE THE TOADSONLY GUY,,,GREAT JOB,,,,,,,,,t/o

kpn
07-02-2009, 09:53 AM
Those are the TOADS. Great job guys.

KPN.

crappiemike
07-02-2009, 09:21 PM
looked like a midriff trip, nice catch!!!!

cm