PDA

View Full Version : Noob at NPH

Vansmack
06-30-2009, 03:44 PM
I was thinking about trying this Newport Harbor thing out at some point this coming weekend, anyone want to give me a tip on where I should head to? I think I have all the tips down on what to use, just need to know where to go. I think I will most likely be looking for some spotted bass, and whatever else hooks up in those types of areas. I have the little Newport Bay map from the website printed out! :Smile:

Thanks,

Chris

fisherman from long beach
06-30-2009, 03:46 PM
i took my tube out on back bay road,right off of jamboree st

Vansmack
06-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Reading the general slatwater board suggest just roaming around looking for a place to drop the line in the water. Not too sure what my wife will think of that, she'll be tagging along fishing as well. Unless we find fish right away, then she won't mind at all.

sonarbp
07-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Hey Vansmack........for your first outing fishing Newport I would suggest you fish from Balboa Isle. Just take PCH to Jamboree and drive onto the isle. Park anywher you can find a spot. You will be able to walk around thw whole isle and fish.

Good luck

HESBROS
07-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Are you fishing from Boat or foot?

fish4keep
07-01-2009, 11:33 AM
Reading the general slatwater board suggest just roaming around looking for a place to drop the line in the water. Not too sure what my wife will think of that, she'll be tagging along fishing as well. Unless we find fish right away, then she won't mind at all.

Than you might as well stay home.....

I'm not saying don't go but although there's alot of report from NPH, it's not as easy as casting out a bait and getting bit. You will have to work for any fish you catch and sometime (mostly), you'll be doing some walking and casting.

If fishing on BI, be sure to always keep an eye out behind you as there will be ppl walking and jogging. Good luck if you do go.....

Vansmack
07-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Than you might as well stay home.....

I'm not saying don't go but although there's alot of report from NPH, it's not as easy as casting out a bait and getting bit. You will have to work for any fish you catch and sometime (mostly), you'll be doing some walking and casting.

If fishing on BI, be sure to always keep an eye out behind you as there will be ppl walking and jogging. Good luck if you do go.....

I was mostly joking about finding fish right away with my wife, but then again, I plan on heading down there three days from now, there is a good chance I will do or say something between now and then which will make it so I am fishing alone. :LOL:

By foot HESBROS. Why, got a boat for me neighbor? :)

Thanks guys!

hclingnc
07-01-2009, 09:45 PM
You can rent a skiff at Davey's Jones Locker and cruse the whole bay. I've done that once and had some luck trolling..

Vansmack
07-01-2009, 10:01 PM
You can rent a skiff at Davey's Jones Locker and cruse the whole bay. I've done that once and had some luck trolling..

Hmmm... I like that idea. Think I'll give them a call tomorrow. I think there is a really good chance they will have something left a day before a three day holiday weekend. :Rolls Eyes: