PDA

View Full Version : ? about king harbor

dday07
06-29-2009, 01:01 PM
i used to go there in the 80's and nail bonito all day in harbor.they turned off boiler and killed the action there.someone told me they have turned it back on.if anyone knows if this is true let me know.....thanks

DarkShadow
06-29-2009, 01:27 PM
i used to go there in the 80's and nail bonito all day in harbor.they turned off boiler and killed the action there.someone told me they have turned it back on.if anyone knows if this is true let me know.....thanks

The boiler is on, but the fact there is no more hot water being released is what makes the bite non-existent.

dday07
06-29-2009, 01:39 PM
didn't know about the hot water. thanks for the reply

kgselect
06-29-2009, 04:31 PM
Bonito are hit and miss in King Harbor now. They still show, but, only when the temps, bait and current are right. Generally, you might find them from July to October, but, every year is different.

DrGrnthmb
07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Fished KH in a skiff last week, Bonies were there 2-4# range. Had to chum alot and get thru the Macs to catch 'em!

Odium
07-06-2009, 06:54 AM

Last time I was at Redondo Sportfishing the guys were telling me that the boiler comes on when a bunch of the local businesses turn on their AC / Heaters. Dunno how true that is.

But anyhow, The bonies still bite every now and then. I was there on Sunday June 28th, my bro and I picked up 7 bonies. The bonies didnt want to stick around through, they just schooled by us every hour or so till noon.

I went again on Tuesday June 30th and the bonies didnt want to play.

The bass bite and halibut has been pretty decent though.

fisherman from long beach
07-06-2009, 07:21 AM
i was there yesterday and walked from spot to spot caught 1calico 2 opal eye 1cabezon,1small butt (released) and a couple fish ive never seen b4 also released. fly lining ghost shrimp caught the butt on 3inch white grub.

SoCaL_Ep3
07-06-2009, 09:13 PM
is king harbor located in/near redondo beach pier?

fisherman from long beach
07-07-2009, 07:05 AM
yes if you walk out to the end of the pier you see the harbor to your right.you will see lil rented alum boats and a lil bait barge.sometimes you will see people at the end of the rocks trying for the bonito.

Odium
07-07-2009, 07:21 AM
www.rockypointfun.com is the website for skiff rentals