PDA

View Full Version : 3/4 day aboard the Voyager

EastCoaster
06-28-2009, 11:12 PM
Alright... Well..... 3/4 day trip out of Seaforth Landing aboard the Voyager. Right when we boarded we were told we didnt need mexican fishing permits that we were gonna fish the kelp beds. BLAH!!! So whatever, just put me on fish. 1st stop produced alot and I mean ALOT of SMALL VERY SMALL CUDA on the tady and live bait. Moved around all day for here and there catches. No pics, no reason for me. I had 4 no legal cudas. and 4-5 calicos. I was kinda disapointed but you cant have awsome days everytime you get on a boat. Jodie the Capt was very informative and the cook Tre, awsome cook...... He was making fresh albacore with steamed rice(was caught on there 1.5 day they had just returned from) Everything he made was outstanding, and plus he is a fellow devil dog.. Even though a disapointing day for me I still had a good time.. Sometimes you have to make the best out of everything. My next trip will actually be on the Voyager for an Overnighter in Aug. Now hopefully that trip will get me some big fish..

deanhall32
06-29-2009, 06:30 AM
I saw your boat out there in the kelp beds. We were fishing right next to you most of the day. I was on the Chubasco 2. Was your bait in pretty poor condition? I found it a little tough to come up with some pictures too!!

EastCoaster
06-29-2009, 11:41 AM
I didnt use that much live bait but the ones I did, yea they did look pretty rough. I didnt even take the camera out all day.... I take it your trip was kinda like mine