PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 day Nauti

kwest10
06-28-2009, 08:20 PM
sucked. 1 sandy on the first drop. Moved to the cliffs south. Some grumpies off the rocks. Moved north to some kelp. More grumpies. A couple of regulars were slaying them but not may keepers. Variety for me but only one sandy to keep. ROUGH out there. Not crowded so it was ok. Any day on the water is better than a day at work.

CudaChaser
06-29-2009, 12:57 PM
Is this the Nautilus out of Newport? Years ago, my last trip out on the Nautilus, we were on a wide open cuda bite but it was tough going. They would not take the iron but only chovies flylined with one splitshot and a small hook. After getting bit off several times, the folks on the boat finally figured the right set-up - the key was using a long shanked bait hook. Go figure but the six anglers on board eventually limited out.

You are also correct that any fishing day is better than not.

Thanks,
CudaChaser

JapanRon
06-29-2009, 06:18 PM
Hi Kwest10,

Tough everywhere I've heard folks reports about ...... but the count numbers ???

JapanRon

kwest10
06-29-2009, 10:35 PM
my count? 1 sandy and 2 macs for future use at irvine...circle of life.
For the boat...about 10. At least that is what I saw get cleaned.
My dad kept a herring but I don't know what happened to it.
Or are you shocked at the low count numbers? There was a regular on deck that was pissed about the numbers too.
I got a tan and babes on PWC's...better than any day at work!

Pete Marino
06-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Is Robbie still the captian on the Nautilus??

He is the man!! I used to go twice a week every summer from 93-98 and got toknow him and the rest of the guys well. Havent been able to go for a while but I'll have to get back out there now that summer is here...
Twilight trip sandbassin, delicious cheeseburgers, warm weather...GOOD TIMES!!

Pete:Cool:

kwest10
06-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Is Robbie still the captian on the Nautilus??

He is the man!! I used to go twice a week every summer from 93-98 and got toknow him and the rest of the guys well. Havent been able to go for a while but I'll have to get back out there now that summer is here...
Twilight trip sandbassin, delicious cheeseburgers, warm weather...GOOD TIMES!!

Pete:Cool:

didn't catch the skippers name that day.
Nothing beats a $9 burger and beer out on the water. It is SOOO tasty for some reason.