PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Slay Day friday 1/2 dsy

fishfinder
06-27-2009, 07:45 PM
Got the gate at 6:15 and there was no line to launch, in fact the lake was pretty empty at that time. Went straight to the dam to try some bait n wait at favorite spot.
My Dad had 3 in the boat before I even got a line out.
Fished there for a couple hours but it slowed down as quick as it started, and it was almost dead calm with a slight breeze blowing off the dam, as soon as the wind shifted it was blowing us up against the dam so we took off for better waters. that didn't happen, so within an hour we were back to the dam for some more, but now there was a strong wind blowing. Got the lines in and it was on. Lots of 1 lbers, with the bigger units having there way with my 4 lb test this day. (broke of 3 that were just tearing the drag off my reel) But we were just having a great day and my Dad said this was the best striper fishing he ever had. So with the bite wide open you know something has to give, and sure enough here comes the sherriff with a real bad attitude screaming over the P.A. to move 500' off the dam, while not slowing down below 20 mph in his big wave maker boat and almost knocking me over the side of my boat. I have been fishing there for 3 years and never had any-one ever make me leave. we were about 100' off the dam. If thats the rule then so be it, but sure wish the sherriff would have had some respect for another boater and just eased his boat in and explain the rule to us. I am definatley not a cop hater, and i have a few in my family so lets not go there with this post. Everybody has a day when they are feeling a little mean. Just wonder if I will fish at pyramid any-more. thats where i get 90% of my catch is by the dam.
Antone else ever been kicked out of this area?
anyways here's some pics of the ones we kept. probably threw back about 20 1 lbers, and some small fry's too.
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/fishfinder_photo/SDC11836.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/fishfinder_photo/SDC11835.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/fishfinder_photo/SDC11832.jpg

TroutOnly
06-27-2009, 08:54 PM
great job fishfinder, you are supposed to stay 500ft off the dam they have hassled me for troling to close .usally you have fish there early in the morning during the week before the cop makes his first rounds,,,T/O

CAPT'N
06-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi,

T.O. is correct. They rarely enforced the rule until last year. I always made the dam my first stop.

Capt'n

gavin310
06-27-2009, 10:47 PM
never fished pyramid so not sure if you can shore fish on the dam, but i fish castaic and it is REAL annoying when boats and jet skis come in close ignoring the 500' rule. shore fisherman only have limited area and you're in a damn boat so give us some room!!! hopefully you weren't crowding out any shore fisherman :Angry:

nice looking fish you caught :Cool: looks like a fun day out there

fishfinder
06-28-2009, 12:38 PM
never fished pyramid so not sure if you can shore fish on the dam, but i fish castaic and it is REAL annoying when boats and jet skis come in close ignoring the 500' rule. shore fisherman only have limited area and you're in a damn boat so give us some room!!! hopefully you weren't crowding out any shore fisherman :Angry:

nice looking fish you caught :Cool: looks like a fun day out there

i used to be a shore fisherman, so i always respect there area. there is no access at pyramid lake to walk to the dam. i wish they would move the seadooers to the west ramp at castaic, and open up the dam to boats too.

Liteweight
06-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Props to you and your Dad on (what looked to be) a fun day.
Isn't it amazing as we get older that our Pops continues to outfish us no matter how much we learn (or is it just me)? :LOL: :LOL:
Robert.

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Nice work, slay away there....make 'em pay for those days when there was no action !

Congrats on a job well done,
Gary

bigblue
06-29-2009, 04:44 PM
Nice to be fishing with your pops. Its a great way to share time together.

RamboBoy
06-30-2009, 12:50 AM
I bet your pop had fun fishing for striped bass

Nice report and pix

lang813
06-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Nice catch out there, thanks for sharing.

I've had the cops roll up on me at high speeds while I'm in my kayak at Pyramid if I'm by the dam. Pretty crazy when their wake is at your eye level.

"How'd you get here!?"
"Uh, I carried my kayak over the mountain and launched from the dam... how else?"

I'm sure it's the lake lice tearing up the no wake zones and disregarding every other rule that has gotten the lake police coming down on everyone now. I've had the cops at Castaic tell me that they're keeping a closer eye on the dam since 9/11 also.

fishfinder
06-30-2009, 11:07 AM
great job fishfinder, you are supposed to stay 500ft off the dam they have hassled me for troling to close .usally you have fish there early in the morning during the week before the cop makes his first rounds,,,T/O

i will keep that in mind next time, thanks......