PDA

View Full Version : balboa pier today

fightfan
06-27-2009, 06:46 PM
some guys caught a huge lobster today at the balboa pier. that thing was massive. it looked like it got snagged by their fishing hook because it was hanging by the leg. everybody gathered around them snapping pictures and i was going to tell them that lobster season is over but before you knew it, they had all disappeared.

very surprising because i've never heard of anybody catching lobsters at the pier before and especially that big, but those guys are having a delicious lobster dinner tonight

jplee3
06-27-2009, 10:50 PM
some guys caught a huge lobster today at the balboa pier. that thing was massive. it looked like it got snagged by their fishing hook because it was hanging by the leg. everybody gathered around them snapping pictures and i was going to tell them that lobster season is over but before you knew it, they had all disappeared.

very surprising because i've never heard of anybody catching lobsters at the pier before and especially that big, but those guys are having a delicious lobster dinner tonight

not to mention it's illegal to keep one caught by line & hook :T

i'd venture to guess they didn't really care though. shoot, it would be hard for me to care too! i bet if the DFG were around it'd be a different story though...

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
06-30-2009, 03:28 AM
hahahah, they are eating like fat politicians...wait a minute arnold did say he was visiting balboa..hhhmmmm?economy is that bad huh??

xjdesertfox
07-03-2009, 06:54 AM
lobster from the pier isnt unheard of, i have a pier i go to where i can find lobster day after day during season, i used to bring about 5 home a day that i thought were keepers, in this same spot you can also get dungenous crab and spiders

fightfan
07-03-2009, 10:18 PM
lobster from the pier isnt unheard of, i have a pier i go to where i can find lobster day after day during season, i used to bring about 5 home a day that i thought were keepers, in this same spot you can also get dungenous crab and spiders

you must be up north cuz down in the south, it's rare that you catch a lobster from a pier, plus we don't get dungeys here either

Troutman65
07-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Fricken Poachers. They darn well knew that Lobster Season is over and thats why they all split very fast.:mad:

xjdesertfox
07-04-2009, 11:20 AM
you must be up north cuz down in the south, it's rare that you catch a lobster from a pier, plus we don't get dungeys here either

i head out to a spot in ventura county, if youre interested PM me, i wouldnt want the lurkers to find out about it.

Hometown
07-04-2009, 02:28 PM
both and as close as venture im going have a look around when season opens.

gavin310
07-06-2009, 01:27 PM
People catch lobsters at all the piers... I usually go to Redondo and they catch lobsters there. It's not wide open or anything, but they do catch them there.