PDA

View Full Version : Balboa Island... Great Bites

BIGB951
06-27-2009, 01:13 PM
I was out at Balboa Island this past weekend (91 E. or W. to 241 S. to 261 S. exits onto Jamboree take it all the way down for about 10 mi and you will cross PCH onto the bridge entering the island... PM me if you need better directions) anyway I spent the weekend at the beach house with my lady and caught 2 perch, 3 croakers, 1 bass, 2 BIG bat rays that damn near snapped my pole lol, 2 stingrays (small guys but fight hard and fun) and a nearly legal 18in Halibut...everything was caught on sardines and mackeral... all in all I had a great weekend out there. If you get a chance to go there then I strongly suggest it. When you get on the island hang a left at the 2nd stop sign and park anywhere you can... I caught everything in the channel except the halibut was off the public dock... GOOD LUCK and enjoy.

TShaffer
06-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Great report. Sounded like you had a blast.

samgann93
06-27-2009, 02:12 PM
good job out there. they got some big batrays in there.

troutdog
06-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Nice report...we'll be out there tomorrow chasin the bass and halis, welcome to the board!

TD

BIGB951
06-27-2009, 04:30 PM
good job out there. they got some big batrays in there.

Yeah they do. I didn't get to weigh or even guess the weight on the 2 I caught because I don't even want to think about messing with them with those big *** stingers lol but its wing span was probably 3 to 3 1/2 ft and they fought hard for a good 10 mins before I pulled them on shore to cut the line :LOL:

BIGB951
06-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Nice report...we'll be out there tomorrow chasin the bass and halis, welcome to the board!

TD
Thanks man I appreciate that... this is a hell of a cool site nice people good reports and advice... have fun out there.. pm me and let me know what you caught... be safe and enjoy the weekend bro