PDA

View Full Version : SARL off La Palma Tommoro Morn

Jimmy310
06-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Well just got the call for 6:00am at SARL. Who will be there?
Just look for a bunch of guys with a Q + Easy Up + Music :Twisted:
Will be my first time there Im excited and cant wait.
Watch out kitties, here kitty kitty:Twisted:

saintarv
06-27-2009, 08:25 AM
good luck.....:LOL:

CASTAWAY
06-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Well just got the call for 6:00am at SARL. Who will be there?
Just look for a bunch of guys with a Q + Easy Up + Music :Twisted:
Will be my first time there Im excited and cant wait.
Watch out kitties, here kitty kitty:Twisted:

Good luck:Big Grin:

Jimmy310
07-07-2009, 03:33 PM
After a few days of recuperating from all the festivities I finally got around posting. Yeah I know.

Well a short change of plan since I had to do an emergency garage door install in Korea Town in the AM. (Need the $$$)
Arrived at SARL around 10:00 AM. Rented a boat 1/2 price since it was half day of fishing and got on our way.
We were using Blood Gulp, Chicken Liver, Shrimp, and the "stinky stuff" (1st time user).
Cast off towards the runoff pipes on the SE side of the lake. Saw the nice *ss end of a Sturgeon and was very excited. A few min. later my pole went straight down. Ah ha, got one. Began to reel it in, fighting it for a bit. Got it about 5-10 ft. from boat when, Snap, mother f er. Broke my 15lb test. :EyePop:
Disappointed but needed revenge. I re spooled my rig this time with 25lb test spider wire.
Feeling confident :Twisted: I was gona get something nice, I cast out again.
Waited for around :20 and nothing. Checked bait, still there. Time to move.
Went out to the middle of the lake. Dropped to the bottom for kitties. Another :20 and nothing. Checked bait, re baited. Cast out this time came up about 10ft. Nothing.
Johnny gets hit, but looses the fish. He tied his own knots :ROFL:
This time I set him up, he didn't loose any more hooks.
Moved twowards the W end of the lake. :Skunk:
We saw a few other people in boats and 2 pontoons, and a few along the shore. :Skunk:
Headed back in and were told the other guys had caught a few kitties along the first spot we were at. :EyePop:
:Skunk:1st time @ SARL this year. Saw 2 sturgeon, broke line, lost a few hooks. :Skunk:

Don't know if I will hit it again....... ok I know I will. What can I say I must avenge myself.:Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twisted::Twiste d:

saintarv
07-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Nice belated report. Too bad about your line breaking. Who knows what could be at the end of those lines. :Wink:

icachum2
07-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the report...the one that got away. Frustrating when that happens but at least you have a good story to tell. Which one of those baits caught the line-breaking beast? How did you present it?

Jimmy310
07-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the report...the one that got away. Frustrating when that happens but at least you have a good story to tell. Which one of those baits caught the line-breaking beast? How did you present it?

It was the Gulp about 8" from the floor.

Jimmy310
07-12-2009, 09:06 PM

It was the Gulp about 8" from the floor.