PDA

View Full Version : 6-25 as told by Little Miss and friend Samantha

bullets_full
06-26-2009, 10:04 AM
We were all fishing at Irvine Lake. As Tater and Bullets_full were setting up we were playing with the clay from the lake. Tater caught the first 2 fish of the day. By where we were fishing, there were very little bites . The cause of this was because the sun was still up. Little Miss and I found a bucket that was shut closed and hanging from a tree.So we decided to open it. We opened it with long sticks we found laying around. It was empty and there was asmall hole at the bottom of it. It also had tons of spider webs on the lid. When we asked Bullets_full and Tater what it was used for they said it was used for potty breaks before they purchased porta potties. After we were done playing with the clay we started exploring for long sticks to build a ti pi made out of mud,old fishing line that I discovered on the shore,and the sticks. We eventually didn't use the old fishing line due to lack of construction on the frame (the ti pi just wouldn't stay up). When Bullets_Full caught the 3rd fish of the day I(Sam) went to go watch my pole. While sam was fishing I (Little Miss) tried to finish the ti pi. I was unable to finish because of the odd shapes of the sticks. While we were all fishing our dog, Rocky, spilled his water at different times of the day because he was excited with all of the comotion. When we weren't getting any bites we moved between Bullets_Full and Tater while the sun was setting. As soon as the sun went down a school of catfish swam by . We (Little Miss and I) were catching fish here and there and everywhere like no one's business.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/bullets_full/Irvine%206-25-09/Picture003.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/bullets_full/Irvine%206-25-09/Picture002.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/bullets_full/Irvine%206-25-09/Picture001.jpg
While Bullets_Full (it's his birthday) was baiting Sam's hook, I (Little Miss) had a shrimp in my hand and I let Rocky lick it for good luck. It was lucky because I caught my 1st albino catfish with it. I ended up realeasing the albino because it's rare .I gave it a kiss on the lips before releasing it.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/bullets_full/Irvine%206-25-09/Picture005.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/bullets_full/Irvine%206-25-09/Picture006.jpg
Tater got upset at me because she thinks it's a once in a life time chance to catch one and she already caught her 1st albino at Irvine Regional.So she had her chance already. I got high 5's from everybody including Tater. Since Tater was still ''upset" we(Sam and I) started asking Bullets_Full who she was. Then, I called her the lady that works at the lake. I started calling her that because I asked my dad, " Who's that lady right there dad, does she work for the lake?" We all started laughing . After 30 minutes or so the school swam by and there were no more fish.15 minutes after the school swam by we left. Before we left we stopped by the bait shop to weigh in our fish. It weighed at 11.2 lbs.
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/bullets_full/Irvine%206-25-09/Picture008.jpg
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t279/bullets_full/Irvine%206-25-09/Picture010.jpg
While we were taking pictures the fish Little Miss was holding was still kicking and started slapping her on the arm. Then she asked the fish do you work for the lake too(refering to what she said earlier to tater)?Everyone started laughing even one of the workers Jimmy who took that question offensively afterwards . We took many many pictures because Tater kept moving us around so the light could be better for the cameras. THEN we left.

- Celeste Bender ( Little Miss)
- Samantha Arias

johnsfishing
06-26-2009, 10:14 AM
great report! nicely done on the catfish and the albino.

johnsfishing

fisheraces
06-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Congrats ladies!!! Great job out there. Kissing a catfish?? Maybe a relative of Jimmy Houston??

saintarv
06-26-2009, 12:37 PM
Good job girls! My daughter would have love that.

tall tales
06-26-2009, 03:43 PM
you gals killed em very nice. those albinos are cool looking good job on th cpr. TT

fisheraces
06-26-2009, 03:52 PM
you gals killed em very nice. those albinos are cool looking good job on th cpr. TT

I 2nd that!! You can tell they have been taught well!! The way they are holding the cats is the perfect way to stay away from getting horned.

Great job again ladies!!!!

PONTOON
06-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Celeste and Samantha, you two did a great job on your report! Way to go on the catfish ladies!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:
I'll bet the two of you are going to beat bullets and Tater on the fish count next time out.
Great job!

olfishergal
06-26-2009, 05:03 PM
WOW!!! Great job out there girls.........catfishin is fun when they are biting.....OFG

bullets_full
06-26-2009, 05:28 PM
Celeste and Samantha, you two did a great job on your report! Way to go on the catfish ladies!:Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:
I'll bet the two of you are going to beat bullets and Tater on the fish count next time out.
Great job!

What do you mean next time? I didn't even fish last night. I was too busy playing deck hand for the girls. Erica and I pulled in our poles so we could bait and remove fish from lines the whole time. The flurry was here and gone in about an hour but during that time it was organized chaos! Totally worth the price of admission to watch the girls loose their minds on a wide open bite. Best birthday present a dad can ask for!!!!!!!

_Bullets

trollmiester
06-26-2009, 06:31 PM
What a great report. Fnn is takeing it to not next level.With fresh posts and great smiles it does not get better. Thanx girls for taking the time to right this report.VERY REFRESHING.

Troutman65
06-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Great job on the CATFISH girls. Nice report and look forward to your next post.:Big Grin:

PONTOON
06-26-2009, 07:42 PM
What do you mean next time? I didn't even fish last night. I was too busy playing deck hand for the girls. Erica and I pulled in our poles so we could bait and remove fish from lines the whole time. The flurry was here and gone in about an hour but during that time it was organized chaos! Totally worth the price of admission to watch the girls loose their minds on a wide open bite. Best birthday present a dad can ask for!!!!!!!

_Bullets

That is so cool! Reading the post made me think back to the day my Dad and I took my daughter, Allison, to the Vine for her first big time trout trip. She caught the first second and third fish. One of them was a tagged fish too.
Bullets, you and Tater are two wonderful people. I'm sure Celeste and Samantha are going to remember this night for a long time. :Thumbs Up::Thumbs Up:

Wingnut
06-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Priceless... the smiles says it all. :Cool: :Big Grin:

CatchthatTrout
06-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Very Impressive Celeste and Samantha.
I nned to get out there so that you can help me catch the kitties.
I've officially caught two catfish in the past four years, one at Legends I and the other at Legends II...that's it.

Santa Fe Eric
06-26-2009, 11:03 PM
Celeste and Samantha!

You Go, Girls!

:Applause::Applause::Applause::Applause:

troutdog
06-30-2009, 11:34 AM
Great report and results at the Vine...what a great night on the water. Loved that great big smile on the bendo shot, WTG kids!

Special thanks for schooling LiLTD in Wii baseball, we had a great time Saturday night...thanks for your hospitality and a fantastic evening!

TD

Granny Fish
06-30-2009, 12:20 PM

_Bullets

So I suppose that means you work at the lake too. :ROFL:

Great job ladies! :Cool::Thumbs Up: