PDA

View Full Version : Flats 6/23

SeaSick17
06-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Wow what a difference a few days makes. Left Suset Aquatic at 7 am and picked up bait at Bills. Just on the ride over there I could tell it was going to be a rough day. Overcast, cold, windy and very rough. Headed to the flats to find only one cattle boat there, the Victory and a dozen PB's. Fish were no where to be found. The Victory couldn't even find the fish. They must have moved a half a dozen times before we lost sight of them. After about an hour of nothing, we headed to the oil rigs and quickly got into the sand bass. Live bait was too big so I just tossed plastics and had 4 in about 20 mins. Largest was about 2 1/2 lbs, all fish were released. One of the workers got on the horn and told us to get away from the rig, there were 3 other boats there. Once we moved away the bite stopped so we decided we were done getting tossed around and headed in for an early day. Spent more time driving there and back and clean the boat than we did on the water. Oh well next time.

SanDimasLMB
06-23-2007, 10:07 PM
good job on the sand bass, and the oil rig guys are just trying to keep the rig safe. Good job :thumb:

JapanRon
06-24-2007, 07:41 AM
Hi Seasick17,

Nice little report !! So where's the pics? :lol: :wink:

'The Victory couldn't even find the fish. They must have moved a half a dozen times before we lost sight of them.'

Ha ha ha ha Funny. Only half a dozen? With few fellow moo-moos around to key in on and general conditions described, the regular patrons would have expected more moves. Personally I'd rather move more than the opposite extreme!

thanks for the report,

JapanRon

ahhvtec
06-24-2007, 09:26 AM
You weren't the only one buddy. The cudas have shut off from two days ago. At least you were able to get some kind of action right?

Duc

SeaSick17
06-24-2007, 10:00 AM
couldnt get any pics, the current kept pushing us towards the rigs and the photo opps just werent there.