PDA

View Full Version : Silverwood conditions?

PHISHnutS
06-25-2009, 10:13 AM
Anyone been up there in the last few days?

Just looking for some general info like water level, water clarity and maybe weed growth?

Any info is greatly appreciated, I'm heading up there tomorrow to bake in the sun and catch polluted fish.

Thanks!

Trouter2008
06-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Fished at the spillway and the dam this morning. Minimal weed growth along the dam. Water was clear 10-15' visibility when the wind was down. Water level was above the white ring that is normally there when it is low.

PHISHnutS
06-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Fished at the spillway and the dam this morning. Minimal weed growth along the dam. Water was clear 10-15' visibility when the wind was down. Water level was above the white ring that is normally there when it is low.

Thanks for the feedback.... unfortunately I just got denied for the day off tomorrow, might make a weekend trip.

dnsjess
06-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Trouter2008,
Did you have any luck finding any fish?

Jesse:Rolls Eyes:

BassinPLS
06-26-2009, 08:38 PM
I fished Silverwood last Sunday, Father's Day. The wind blow harder than normally; but we picked up 9 Bass. They are in the weeds jyst off of the shore line. I caught them on a SENKO, #157 - smoke purple fleck. My son picked up his fish on a drop shot just out side of the weed line using a 4 1/2" straight tail oxblood robo worm.

The water is still pretty clean, I would say roughly 8 to 10 feet visibility. The water temp was running in the mid 60's say 65 to 68 degrees. A month ago I was getting water temps in the low to mid 70's, which amazed me. I did not see any bed fish; but one heck of a lot of old beds.

Good Luck & Tight Lines,

BassinPLS

seal
06-27-2009, 09:53 AM
I fished Silverwood last Sunday, Father's Day. The wind blow harder than normally; but we picked up 9 Bass. They are in the weeds jyst off of the shore line. I caught them on a SENKO, #157 - smoke purple fleck. My son picked up his fish on a drop shot just out side of the weed line using a 4 1/2" straight tail oxblood robo worm.

The water is still pretty clean, I would say roughly 8 to 10 feet visibility. The water temp was running in the mid 60's say 65 to 68 degrees. A month ago I was getting water temps in the low to mid 70's, which amazed me. I did not see any bed fish; but one heck of a lot of old beds.

Good Luck & Tight Lines,

BassinPLS

The fish have been on the beds for the last week or more. Could be a second spawn? I only saw a few occupied beds when water was warmer but now am seeing a lot more bass on beds.

Trouter2008
06-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Caught 2 LMB both in shallow water 1-5' deep on a drop shot robo (Aaron's Majic).

RamboBoy
06-28-2009, 10:51 AM
I found a secret spot where the mad striped bass boiling is. :Secret: