PDA

View Full Version : Cat 6/23

supasportkid
06-24-2009, 06:57 PM
arrived at lb bait barge at 5 am. we got a half scoop of dines. the water was perfect for our ride over. we started fishing the front for a few short calis. then i landed a sheep, white fish, and a few opals. at around 8 am the calicos started waking up! my brother and i started landing alot of barely shorts, with a few quality ones mixed in. my cuzzin was having a ruff time. we then started the move west down the front of the island. i was trollin a mack colored yo zuri for nada! we then seen some calico boils, fly lined some more dines and only got one to stick. i did see a small school of cuda cruise under my boat then out of site! i threw some chum, but they didnt want none. we finished our day fishing an area that had a big round white rock with kelp all around it(i really dont know all the names of the spots yet) for a few more nice sized legals. i didnt get any yellows or whites yet, but im havin a good time learnin how to find and catch fish on my own boat. thanks for reading.

deanhall32
06-24-2009, 07:33 PM
That's a nice calico that guy has in that first pic. Were you using your cell phone for pictures? Nice job kid!!!!

supasportkid
06-24-2009, 07:44 PM
thanks dean. i got that bass with one of the biggest sardines that i had in my tank! yeah, i always remember everything BUT the camera! next time

russ88
06-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Nice checkers!! You'll get your YT & WSB soon.