PDA

View Full Version : Kings river Question

DccFISHerMan
06-24-2009, 04:24 PM
Going up to the kings river next month, anyone ever fish it, found a web site that said it has good trout and bass fish??

tacklejunkie
06-24-2009, 04:28 PM
LOL!
I fished it!
It kicked my *** bigtime!
In the first 30 seconds after rigging my rod I stepped out the car, down the bank, and slipped off a huge slippery rock and bashed my knee on the way down. Got back in the car with a lump the size of a golf ball about 1-2" under my right knee! Go check the norcal reports board, The report is up there somewhere!

Needless to say, that ended the fishing trip. I got the big skunk! :ROFL:

DccFISHerMan
06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
lol were going up end of july for three days, il try and stay away from hurting my self. lol

tacklejunkie
06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Hahaha
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=22799

DccFISHerMan
06-24-2009, 04:33 PM
thats kings canyon, lol were going to kings river its off the 99 near Fresno

tacklejunkie
06-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Isn't that King's River? It runs toward Fresno I think..

DccFISHerMan
06-24-2009, 04:39 PM
Isn't that King's River? It runs toward Fresno I think..

lol possibly, the pics i seen were of a large river

http://www.kellysbeach.com/

tacklejunkie
06-24-2009, 04:44 PM
I think I read somewhere that that is one of the biggest rivers in Cali.
I think that is the headwaters of the Kings back there in Kings canyon. It's pretty far north and the waters were flowing north-northwest. Tons of water moving through there too. That could be the huge river in the link you posted.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
06-25-2009, 08:01 AM
I fish that area 2 times a year .in spring, and fall.we fish pineflat lake normally. The kings river below pine flat dam ,is suppose to hold big trout the dfg has planted big ones ,to bring the population up. They have also worked on putting boulders ,to create slow water areas. There is some areas below a bridge i believe (by doyles market)that is fly fishing ,c&r only. Look up the kings river below ,and above pineflat dam. Good luck thats where ill retire hopefully soon ,my son lives in clovis.

CALFISHER4EVR
06-25-2009, 09:28 AM
We usually go camping and we fish it. Caught some nice bows and some browns above the grizzly falls area. I can't think of the name of the area as of now. Water has crazy rapid in that area.

bretmoua
06-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Kings River runs from the bottom of Pine Flat Lake Dam all the way to Kingsburg. The area Dcc is talking about is on ave 384 and 99. There are a lot of motorhomes out there. I usually see people jet skiing the area as well. Never fished it though. Anyhow, good luck to you if you haven't already gone.

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
06-26-2009, 07:55 PM
The Kings River actually starts a ways norh of Wishon Res., only accessable by foot after a boat ride across Wishon. From below the dam of Wishon it goes to Pineflat Res. and continues westward into Kingsburg. That's where a great fishery is, a slow flow and many pools where lots of native rainbows and browns live. There is actually a dirt road that follows the river from Pineflats and ends at the road to Wishon (McKinley Grove Road).
A lot of the water is used for irrigation going through miles of canals, where a lot of our summer fruit comes from. Peaches, apricots, nectarines, plums, table grapes and grapes grown for raisins. Check a box of Sunmaid raisins and look for the corporate office location (Kingsburg). My Dad was born and raised in Kingsburg and we have relatives who are growers in that area. Also grown there are the red onions that we love to put on burgers and sandwiches (in Reedly).
I'll be going there this weekend and camp at Wishon Village for 5 days, like I do every year. I'll be sure to post a report and hopefully some pics.
TTFM