PDA

View Full Version : USA shocks da world!!!!

troutdog
06-24-2009, 02:01 PM
I am not an avid soccer fan(aka futbol), but my daughter's participation in the sport the past few years has certainly given me a greater appreciation for the sport and based on what I have been reading today's win over Spain is HUUUUUGE and is considered a miracle! :EyePop:

"It was Spain's first defeat since November 2006 and snapped a world-record 15-game winning streak for the team widely expected to win the tournament"

Congrats to team USA taking down the #1 ranked team in the world!

TD

PokerFish
06-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Holy crap, they won :EyePop:

The USA team even getting to the match with Spain was highly improbable, this really is a miracle. Apparently, it took a Herculean effort by the goalkeeper. Props to him and the rest of Team USA!!

olfishergal
06-24-2009, 02:24 PM
USA has a phenominal team this year and is surely a contender for the World Cup...........GOOOOOO USA

DarkShadow
06-24-2009, 02:36 PM
Impressive win, yes. Watching Puyol's face was priceless.

But would it have happened if it was 2010?

I dunnnnno....

In any case, they have Brazil to go through now (assuming Brazil takes care of SA).

Anybody want to guess the score to that match?

Cangler
06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
More than impressive actually , not only to keep a clean sheet
against Villa and Torres , but to stop Spains run of 35 matches
defeated is outstanding !

Sue
06-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Sue is an idiot!
I will be watching the final on Sunday with my England (Rooney) shirt on, but will for sure be rooting for the USA!

DarkShadow
06-24-2009, 04:20 PM
OFG - USA were already eliminated from the World Cup by Brazil

Really?

I thought Costa Rica led the group with 12 points, followed by the US with 10.

Then Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador and Trinidad & Tobago bringing up the rear.

I think as of today, only Australia, Japan, Korea Republic, Korea DPR, the Netherlands and South Africa are the only ones to have qualified.

Sue
06-24-2009, 04:30 PM
Really?

I thought Costa Rica led the group with 12 points, followed by the US with 10.

Then Honduras, Mexico, El Salvador and Trinidad & Tobago bringing up the rear.

I think as of today, only Australia, Japan, Korea Republic, Korea DPR, the Netherlands and South Africa are the only ones to have qualified.

I'm a fricking idiot :ROFL::ROFL: I should check my facts (what people tell me) before I spout them! :ROFL:

trashetanush
06-24-2009, 06:33 PM
Impressive win, yes. Watching Puyol's face was priceless.

But would it have happened if it was 2010?

I dunnnnno....

In any case, they have Brazil to go through now (assuming Brazil takes care of SA).

Anybody want to guess the score to that match?

Seeing todays game, i wouldn't be suprised at what happens between Brazil and South Africa. But im guessing its gonna be Brazil 2 SA 1.

Sue
06-25-2009, 12:24 PM
It's half time and it's Brazil 0 - SA 0.
Brazil are playing like crap, and SA are in with a real chance to be playing USA on Sunday.
If anyone wants to join me for the game, I'll be taking it in in my local on Sunday afternoon, where beers are only $1.50 on Sundays.........ever seen an English girl watch a soccer match?! :ROFL:

troutdog
06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
It's half time and it's Brazil 0 - SA 0.
Brazil are playing like crap, and SA are in with a real chance to be playing USA on Sunday.
If anyone wants to join me for the game, I'll be taking it in in my local on Sunday afternoon, where beers are only $1.50 on Sundays.........ever seen an English girl watch a soccer match?! :ROFL:

No do they take off an item of clothing after every shot on goal? :LOL:

TD

Sue
06-25-2009, 12:35 PM
No do they take off an item of clothing after every shot on goal? :LOL:

TD

No, we swear like troopers, make obscene gestures at the referee and impress all the men by knowing what the off-side trap is. :ROFL:

DarkShadow
06-25-2009, 12:46 PM
No, we swear like troopers, make obscene gestures at the referee and impress all the men by knowing what the off-side trap is. :ROFL:

So you act like Rooney, is what you're saying?

Cangler
06-25-2009, 12:47 PM

Ha... Thought you were more into RL !
Different shaped balls ....

Sue
06-25-2009, 01:07 PM
So you act like Rooney, is what you're saying?

Yes, but fortunately I don't look like Shrek :Wink:

DarkShadow
06-25-2009, 01:12 PM
Yes, but fortunately I don't look like Shrek :Wink:

:ROFL:

All you need is Shrek mask, and to go around callin everyone "wankers" on the field, regardless if your opponent speaks English or not.

But all insults aside, Rooney can ball with the best of 'em.

GET DA NET
06-25-2009, 01:20 PM
Looks like USA vs. Brazil in the Final.....