PDA

View Full Version : Confusing fishing Terminology and terms and Abbreviations

ToadsToadsOnly
06-24-2009, 01:55 PM
I have realize there is quite a few anglers that are not used to certain fishing lingo could get confused on some of our post. To us anglers that been fishing a while some of the terms and abbreviations might seem like common sense but for new angers it might be difficult to comprehend. I am starting this thread to help out anglers new to this board or do not know the lingo to get some clarification on our abbreviations, lingo, and terminology. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to post all of them so if you fellow FNN'ers could give me assistant that would be great.

Here is a few I could think of off the top of my head I will continue to add to the list when I think of others. (Disclamer: Sentences below definitions might or might not be true TOADSTOADSONLY will not be held liable for any of the sentences written below. LoL)

Definition of:

Toad; Big, large fish could be of any species

Sentence: Jonathan uses the word Toad to often which sometimes could get annoying.

WFO; Wide F****ing Open

Sentence: While fishing with CamaryDad the batray fishing was WFO.

Ninja Fishing; Fishing at night usually sneaking into private ponds or lakes of some kind

Sentence: Big*Game*Hunter sure love to Ninja fish those golf courses.

Farmed/Farmer; While fishing getting a bite from a fish and loosing the fish contributing to the lakes population hence starting a fish farm.

Sentence: While fishing with JerryG he farmed a 12plus pound bass after it jumped and shook the hook.

LC’s; Lucky Craft fishing lures

Sentence: OMG Wingnut has too many LC’s he must have one for every day of the year.

TackleWhore; Angler that purchases every new fishing tackle item that he/she hears about or every new item that comes out.

Sentence: Beaner heard that Abu Garcia reels cast further than any other reels in existence so he went and purchased two of them. He buys everything he hears about what a
TackleWhore.

PB; Personal Best

Sentence: My PB Large Mouth Bass was a 14 ½ pounder caught on a grub.

SCI; San Clemente Island

Sentence: The Calico fishing at SCI is always WFO.

NPH; New Port Harbor

Sentence: Flyngby tears it up in NPH every time he fishes out there.

LB; Long Beach

Sentence: LB is a great spot to fish for halibut with the LC’s.

(Seabass) Stones; Two Pieces of stone located in at White Seabasses skull made of a pearl like material. Fisherman usually keeps these stones as souvenir.

Sentence: Damn that seabass had large Stones they were the size of marbles.

ZingPow; A sound your line makes before you snap off.

Sentence: TroutDog was hooked up to a batray that was ripping line then it went ZingPow and he flew to the sand.

Spooled; When you hookup to a fish that takes all your line.

Sentence: PorkChop thought he could work a fish over with his Baja Special and JerryG’s Calstar. When he hooked the fish the fish thought otherwise and got spooled.

Two Legged Tuna; Referred to a good looking woman. (Unfortunately I cannot elaborate on this one guys/gals.)

Sentence: Somtimes while fishing the surf in Hermosa I cannot concentrate on surf fishing because all of the Two Legged Tuna walking around the beach.

beaner
06-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Well Chinito Juanito you for got one that I have been seen more and more!!!!

Here it is!

Mexicans are not using LOL as much, what works better is: CMC <Casi Me Cago>

CMC! This is a real good post Juanito!!

dnsjess
06-24-2009, 03:47 PM
That was very helpfull
thanks for the info

Jesse

GET DA NET
06-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Well Chinito Juanito you for got one that I have been seen more and more!!!!

Here it is!

Mexicans are not using LOL as much, what works better is: CMC <Casi Me Cago>

CMC! This is a real good post Juanito!!

lmao.. No mamen

cappo
06-24-2009, 04:21 PM
jajaja.........