PDA

View Full Version : the goon after work tue 6-23 (aqueduct attempt)

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-24-2009, 11:35 AM
Headed out straight from work, my target was the Aqueduct for stripers…
15 minutes into the ride I see clouds of smoke coming from the back of my truck….

Dayam !..............Looks like it’s on fire ! ….Hiro…..we’re on fire ! (inside joke !)

Turned out my transmission cooler fluid line developed a pinhole and it was blowin trany fluid out like a sif (lucky I didn’t catch on fire !)

So, I limped back home to await the mechanic this morn.

After a while and some dinner, my fishing itch HAD ta be scratched !

Off to the lagoon for a mossback attack (walked there !).

Hadn’t fished the goon for ages let alone actually targeted LMB.

Got a little bit o’ action.
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/senkosenkogoon6-23-091.jpg
Landed 3 (only 2 pictured)and also lost 2 that felt real weighty

(1 came unbuttoned and the other broke me off).

The 3 I landed weren’t huge just glad ta get action
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/senkosenkogoon6-23-092.jpg
Flylined Senkos seemed to be the ticket with the heavy grass growth that’s currently going on there.

6’ to 12’deep dragging off the top of the grass patches (under the surface) and letting freefall back to the bottom seemed to be the preferred presentation.

Slow attack was best, also had 2 other bites that didn’t stick.

I have photos but I didn’t bring my camera to work as I have my truck in the shop right now so I’ll have ta post the pics tomorrow.

Looks like I am out a vehicle till tomorrow morning as well so I guess I’ll have to return for another attempt to beat up on some LMB tonight.

The action was far from wide open, I worked many areas on the southern portion of the lake and below the 1st campground but there was zero activity there.

I only found active fish further down towards the last campground.

Hope this helps anyone that desires a lagoon fix.

Good luck,
Gary

P.S.
Looks like I’ll have ta reap my revenge on Mr Stripey tomorrow night !

BIGRED KILLA
06-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the report Gary. Sucks about the vehicle tho just saw a truck on fire yesterday on the freeway scary shjt glad nothing like that happened to you guys. At Least you scratched your fishing itch at the goon with some bass. Good luck tomm

Bigred

Hitts0n
06-24-2009, 01:31 PM
it was blowin trany fluid out

:Shocked::Shocked: Didnt know you were into that kinda life....lol

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-24-2009, 02:28 PM
:Shocked::Shocked: Didnt know you were into that kinda life....lol

Ha ha ha....sorry bud but thanks for da offer : ) ha ha ha..

This is the only secret I've been hiding :
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/Garyssecret-1.jpg

silversx
06-24-2009, 03:22 PM
this is off topic but can you tell me where the "duct" is and how i can access it to fish there?

i know it's the aquaduct but i have no idea how and where to fish it..

thanks

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-24-2009, 04:04 PM
this is off topic but can you tell me where the "duct" is and how i can access it to fish there?

i know it's the aquaduct but i have no idea how and where to fish it..

thanks
U have no clue how many times I am asked this question.

The duct runs all the way from sacramento...340 miles or more
(someone can quote exacts if they like)

Simply google maps it and you'll find it...i.e. query for bakersfield, quail lake etc. find the duct on the sat map by scrolling around, work from there by scrolling the map to where U might want to try.

2 logical areas to find the duct are Bakersfield where the duct runs under the 5 frwy or quail lake….you should be home free after that…pick your poison from there…east or west.

Squirrel around on the map…U’ll find it easy !

Hope this helps, I cannot simply steer you openly to any one spot, get out there and give it a go and experiment..it just takes conviction and perserveerance….positive thinking..

Go get on them suckas…..KEEL THEM !

Good luck !
Gary

silversx
06-24-2009, 05:33 PM
thanks for the info.. i read up on striper bill's website

panned around on google maps and it seems like the east side is easy to follow after quail but the west side looks like it stops right after quail

by west doing mean back towards bakersfield and east towards palmdale etc? just wanna make sure im not missing something :D

swimbait101
06-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Hey man wat colors were the senkos in?

karlow
06-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Got to love it, but that sounds like my last trip except for the actually fishing part. I was heading for Castic Lake two weeks ago. I was solo. About 6am 3 miles form the lake I look in the mirror and the starboard side wheel has smoke trailing it big time! I cost to the side by the truck stop smoking all the way. I'm thinking it can't be the bearings, I take care of them, I replaced them. Nope, not the bearings the spring had broke and the tire was rubbing on the finder. It had lost about half it's tread. The heat had burnt the pint off the finder. Crap! Some Ty-downs, a 2 x 4, some bunggies and I limp home.
$150 later, and I install the new axles on Thur. I will be back on the water this weekend boyz. In have all new hangy-down-gear, good for the long haul.

KP

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Hey man wat colors were the senkos in?

Pumpkin w/blue flake & baby bass color....sometimes I like to actually match the color of the vegetation but the pumkin is one of my go to colors..

Both work equally well most of the time, last nights fish all came on the pumkin the night this post relates to I got 2 on pumkin and 1 on the watermelon (baby bass).

Got bit last night on both colors.
Good luck...work it HARD ! but slow !

The bite is kinda trippy right now...not much "ticking" they tend to pick it up and just move with it resulting in a more pressured slow moving bite.
Ya gotta be on your game with all the grass, sometimes ur line drags through the grass and you get allot of pressure from the grass so the feel of the bite is diminished.

"Go get 'em !"
Gary