MyDayOff
06-24-2009, 11:19 AM
No posting allowed.

PHISHnutS
06-24-2009, 11:34 AM
Over the summer it will probably evaporate faster than it's coming in :Neutral:

TrouTracker
06-24-2009, 12:48 PM
There's a possibility that the Jewel may be getting more water then we think. The reason is that in addition to the Inland Water Feeder project, Colorado River water may be included as an additional water source. As you know, the main reasons we haven't been getting Colorado River water is availability and the quagga mussel issue. The MWD has been studying methods of eliminating the quagga mussel. Thus, there's a chance that Colorado River water may be "approved" again for DVL. Any way you look at it, it's a positive. Everyone should just pray for wet winters that produce heavy snow packs...........
Barry A. Ogawa

Big Country
06-24-2009, 03:39 PM
No immediate impact with water levels, especially heading into summer.

I agree...Pray hard and pray often Barry.

These projects are great for long term outlook, but even then it is all determined by the current drought and how long it lasts.

The SWP only allows water to be pumped to socal 3 months out of the year as it stands right now so whats flowing down the aqueduct towards San Luis, Silverwood & DVL will turn off shortly due to court ordered regulations. The inland feeder project just makes it more efficient to move, but when the tap shuts off for the year up north, it's off. To top it all of, the Colorado is unavailable as a resource because of the quagga.

These are huge problems people, regardless of who you are.

The cost for me to buy water from MWD this year went up 27%. In my eyes, I should pass this directly through to the customer, but its hard to justify bumping someone's bill by 27% a month. Water is fast becoming and scarce resource and everyone should really start thinking about conservation because when MWD increase their rates again next year by 15 - 20% water bills are going to rise significantly.

Team Dead Money
06-24-2009, 06:09 PM
No immediate impact with water levels, especially heading into summer.

I agree...Pray hard and pray often Barry.

These projects are great for long term outlook, but even then it is all determined by the current drought and how long it lasts.

The SWP only allows water to be pumped to socal 3 months out of the year as it stands right now so whats flowing down the aqueduct towards San Luis, Silverwood & DVL will turn off shortly due to court ordered regulations. The inland feeder project just makes it more efficient to move, but when the tap shuts off for the year up north, it's off. To top it all of, the Colorado is unavailable as a resource because of the quagga.

These are huge problems people, regardless of who you are.

The cost for me to buy water from MWD this year went up 27%. In my eyes, I should pass this directly through to the customer, but its hard to justify bumping someone's bill by 27% a month. Water is fast becoming and scarce resource and everyone should really start thinking about conservation because when MWD increase their rates again next year by 15 - 20% water bills are going to rise significantly.

I'm sure the CUPC will allow the MWD to raise the rates by 15-20%:Rolls Eyes:. I wish we could at SCG so I could make more money but that's not how it works, sorry.

Troutman65
06-24-2009, 08:42 PM
So let me see if I got this straight. The water coimg into DVL now is coming from up North ? Is that from a recently completed pipeline that will bring water to DVL from the North?

Big Country
06-25-2009, 03:03 PM
Dead Money - MWD's approved rate increase beginning July 1 is 19.7% and since I have to buy from Central Basin (and they tack on another 6%), I'm at 25% increase this year. MWD is already set for a 15 - 20% next year as well, only their board has to approve it in the spring.

I'm surprised that SCG hasn't raised their rates as every other utility in so cal has. Too bad for your pocket book I guess.

Troutman - All water into DVL for the past year plus has come from the State Water Project (norcal).

Troutman65
06-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Troutman - All water into DVL for the past year plus has come from the State Water Project (norcal).

Big Country, I did not know that DVL was even getting any water but from the rain. Thanks for your reply.:Big Grin:

Team Dead Money
06-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Dead Money - MWD's approved rate increase beginning July 1 is 19.7% and since I have to buy from Central Basin (and they tack on another 6%), I'm at 25% increase this year. MWD is already set for a 15 - 20% next year as well, only their board has to approve it in the spring.

I'm surprised that SCG hasn't raised their rates as every other utility in so cal has. Too bad for your pocket book I guess.

I see what your saying now, it's a increase from utility to another utility increase. That makes a big difference from what I thought you were saying. The CPUC would never allow a utility to increase rates that much in a 3 year period from a utility to a home owner (or customer) never less a years time. A utility increase to another utility company is just business. You can't just say "My customers will just have to pay more now, 15-20% more", it just don't work that way. Like everything in life this is just a bad cycle we are in with this drought, it's not the first one we have seen and won't be the last. Kind of like the economy, we'll see more in our lifetime!!!

Big Country
06-25-2009, 04:51 PM
You're right...I just hope it all turns around as well. I would hate to loose lakes like DVL, etc. because of the lack of water.

The main factor in getting through this is going to be hardcore conservation by the public.