PDA

View Full Version : 6/20 Couldn't go to Parchers sooooooo

olfishergal
06-23-2009, 09:26 PM
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crnberygrl/20090620_0905.jpg
Went out on the Stardust with several gals from GCLA and a bunch of party goers. The Capt said we would be going out to 12mile, but unfortunately, the conditions were really rough, major swells and lots of wind. I was wanting to go for WSB, but due to conditions capt said we would be rockfishing instead......bummer, or so I thought. It was rough and the boys on the boat were chumming like crazy. None of the gals did at all. We all sat around munching on our burritos and later burgers while the boys kept the chumming going. Also, a few of them decided to hog the stern. Joke on them. Wind was blowing hard enough to soak them several times with the waves. hehehehee, I stayed nice and dry on the starboard side. So go to fishing and we ended being at 320 feet. Damn I knew my arm was going to be sore. We used anchovies, sardines and squid strips. Drift was real strong and I ended up switching to 16 oz torpedo and still had trouble holding the bottom. Of course being the patient sole I am, finally managed to hook up on a double of Starry's on strips. Managed a sculpin on chovies and the a few other smaller numbers. Them whammo......I get this:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crnberygrl/20090620_0914.jpg

hehehehee..........on the Anchovy on the drop.....nice one for a change.
Got tired of rocks so I switched to sardines and chopped secret bait for (2) small lings and (1) that ended up being 1/2 inch short of legal. Very few other fish were caught. Saw one descent salmon grouper. After awhile capt said time to head home and was glad to get heading back in. Wind was just a bit much today.

So, time for the weigh in and guess what

JACKPOT.........http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crnberygrl/20090620_0915.jpg

Seems the grouper wasn't enteres into the JP......
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/crnberygrl/20090620_0911.jpg

So after feeling sorry for myself for not getting to go to Parchers, I had to settle for a nice day on the water even if it was rough and windy. Thanks for reading OFG

ghetto dad
06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
NICE report and great job chris!!!!!!!!!!

Sup with the toungue??? :ROFL:

GD

Ricky-Ray
06-23-2009, 09:37 PM
Nice report OFG. Congrat's on JP.

bruce watson
06-23-2009, 10:14 PM
EYeeeee, you gotta french kiss a red? I like it better when you just have to eat the heart of a tuna. You had hand fulls of money, and yet, you didn't offer to take me. Oh wait, that was after the trip. Chris, nice catch and congratulations on the JP.

Fisherman57
06-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Congrats Chris!......... JACKPOT WINNER!

We all missed ya this year at Parcher's...... but it looks like you had a great time out there and lots of fun!

I love the look on that guys face behind you over your left shoulder in the photo with the jackpot money!
Looks like he's staring straight at the money and wishing he had won!

Tell Jeanne I'm working on her project and hope to have final numbers for her this week......

See ya soon...... and of course also at Legends III!

Legend winner hoodie still lookin' good on ya!

Dana

boxl0bster
06-23-2009, 11:01 PM
yeahh! good job chris!! :Cool:

Ambassadorhawg
06-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Nice going OFG! That'a a nice red that you turned into some green, too!!! I see from the pics that the boat fished out near the rigs? Anywhere in particular or just here and there?
I think that red was trying to kiss you back...

JapanRon
06-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Hi Olfishergal,

WTG !!!!! That's showin' 'em (know you're no braggart) what you're made of !! Good spanking does everybody good occasionally. See your cheerleaders were with you on your jackpot shot ! ha ha ha ha

Sternhogs ..... I take it the Stardust doesn't have a numbered-spot and or rotation system.

As always upbeat and fun report and great pics.

thanks,

JapanRon

Granny Fish
06-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Great report. I had to laugh at the expression of the two gents in back of you in that jackpot photo as well. :LOL: Way to slay on a tough day.

Troutman65
06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
Nice going OFG.

I also noticed the look on the guys face behind you. :ROFL: Classic for sure. WTG on the JACK POT Chris :!!!::Big Grin::Cool:

Thanks for the report & pics.

Odium
06-24-2009, 09:25 AM
OFG showing how its done!!

deanhall32
06-24-2009, 09:46 AM
Awesome job with the girls and the jackpot OFG!!!!

troutdog
06-24-2009, 10:32 AM
WTG Ol"saltwater"FisherGal! Congrats on the batch of good eats and a sweet JP fish, very well done!

TD

olfishergal
06-24-2009, 03:03 PM
NICE report and great job chris!!!!!!!!!!

Sup with the toungue??? :ROFL:

GD

just for you GD......:ROFL: Its a gal thing

Nice report OFG. Congrat's on JP.

Thanks Ricky, it was fun

EYeeeee, you gotta french kiss a red? I like it better when you just have to eat the heart of a tuna. You had hand fulls of money, and yet, you didn't offer to take me. Oh wait, that was after the trip. Chris, nice catch and congratulations on the JP.

Thanks Bruce.......I've already ate my Tuna heart, come with me next time if your wife lets you out to play. No french kiss, head start on sushi

Congrats Chris!......... JACKPOT WINNER!

We all missed ya this year at Parcher's...... but it looks like you had a great time out there and lots of fun!

I love the look on that guys face behind you over your left shoulder in the photo with the jackpot money!
Looks like he's staring straight at the money and wishing he had won!

Tell Jeanne I'm working on her project and hope to have final numbers for her this week......

See ya soon...... and of course also at Legends III!

Legend winner hoodie still lookin' good on ya!

Dana
Thanks Dana, I just looked at the pic again, if I recall neither one of them even caught anything....Parchers next year for sure.
Thanks for your help, Jeanne and all looking forward to the results....

yeahh! good job chris!! :Cool:

Thanks Ernie, lets fish together again

Nice going OFG! That'a a nice red that you turned into some green, too!!! I see from the pics that the boat fished out near the rigs? Anywhere in particular or just here and there?
I think that red was trying to kiss you back...

That was the last place we fished. Those rigs were out from Carpenteria. I just got (1) ling there, nothing else.

Hi Olfishergal,

WTG !!!!! That's showin' 'em (know you're no braggart) what you're made of !! Good spanking does everybody good occasionally. See your cheerleaders were with you on your jackpot shot ! ha ha ha ha

Sternhogs ..... I take it the Stardust doesn't have a numbered-spot and or rotation system.

As always upbeat and fun report and great pics.

thanks,

JapanRon
Thanks Ron, No numbers on the Stardust and the HOGS got soaked from the waves, I brought my fish out last to be weighed....hehehehehe, After looking around I know I had the boys beat. Of course, I kicked the JP back to the crew and got a pass in return. That is a really clean nice boat to boot and the crew is exceptional. We need to fish together sometime.

Great report. I had to laugh at the expression of the two gents in back of you in that jackpot photo as well. :LOL: Way to slay on a tough day.

Thanks GF, I skunked both of them. Look forward to surf fishing with you and GF but hope to c u guys before then.

Nice going OFG.

I also noticed the look on the guys face behind you. :ROFL: Classic for sure. WTG on the JACK POT Chris :!!!::Big Grin::Cool:

Thanks for the report & pics.

Thanks TM, c u at the vine.

OFG showing how its done!!
Thanks Odium, shows gals can fish!!!

Awesome job with the girls and the jackpot OFG!!!!

Thanks Dean, it was a fun finish!!!

WTG Ol"saltwater"FisherGal! Congrats on the batch of good eats and a sweet JP fish, very well done!

TD

Thanks TD, come on and go with me sometime.......c u at the vine

Native Gal
06-24-2009, 07:03 PM
OFG,
Sweet!!!, Congrats on the Jackpot. Love the drama of you weighing in last, cool.

NG
:Big Grin:

olfishergal
06-24-2009, 10:30 PM
OFG,
Sweet!!!, Congrats on the Jackpot. Love the drama of you weighing in last, cool.

NG
:Big Grin:

Thanks mleegal, it was fun to kick some butt lol

Oz
06-25-2009, 12:28 AM
wtg chris on ya JP and great day of fishing :Cool: u will get ya seabass sooner or later

russ88
06-25-2009, 12:27 PM
WTG on the JP! Thanks for the report.

olfishergal
06-25-2009, 01:38 PM
wtg chris on ya JP and great day of fishing :Cool: u will get ya seabass sooner or later

Thanks OZ....I have gotten (3) so far this year, (2) keepers. I am just greedy lol........

WTG on the JP! Thanks for the report.

Thanks Russ.....JP felt good to get

Oz
06-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Thanks OZ....I have gotten (3) so far this year, (2) keepers. I am just greedy lol........

ohhh lollll well yea its always good to get more :Twisted:

Mondo21
06-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Looks like you had a great time out there Chris. Nice wad of money, Congrats!!! on the winnings. Niice pics. Cindy:Big Grin:

Wingnut
06-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Awesome Chris! Congrats on the JP. :Big Grin:
Too bad you couldn't make it up to Parcher's... we could have sat under the stars together. :Wink: :Secret: :Cool:

olfishergal
06-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Awesome Chris! Congrats on the JP. :Big Grin:
Too bad you couldn't make it up to Parcher's... we could have sat under the stars together. :Wink: :Secret: :Cool:

I just saw this :ROFL: Now Arthur, just what the heck would you do with a 58 yo lady under the stars.......j/k Thanks for the reply....

primo55
06-30-2009, 03:11 PM
congrats on your catch!:LOL: