PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be Award Winning Chicken BBQ

Troutman65
06-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Ok, I always like to check out different seasonings and mixtures and stuff. I am constantly looking and buying the newest and latest stuff that comes to the shelfs. This afternoon I was at a supermarket and was looking at the spice section and I got Famous Daves Rib Rub. ( it says he use it on everything. ) then I picked up some McCormick's Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning. I also got a thingie of McCormick's California Style Garlic Powder. ( it has parsley added to it )

So I washed the chicken half breasts and patted them dry. I placed the chicken breasts on a plate and poured a goodly amount of EVOO ( Extra Virgin Olive Oil ) on both sides. Then I poured a goodly amount of the Grill mates Roasted Garlic & herb, followed by a nice sprinkling Famous Daves Rib Rub & then some garlic powder. I then covered with scran wrap and let marniade in the fridge while I went out and got the coals going in the webber.

I place the coals all to one side for indirect grilling. This works great and lets the meat slow cook and its all tender and juicy. So, I get a good amount of coals and place them to one side of the kettle.

I am also grilling some Tri-Tip so I put a more coals than I would if I was just grilling chicken.

So , after the coals start to turn gray I put the Tri-Tip on first and the the chicken breast around the rest of the grill, ( still off to the other side away from the flame )

I like using the half breasts with the rib bone because I can grill it on one side for apox . 30 min. and its done tasty with out opening the lid at all. It depends on how hot the coals are.

I then let the chicken rest ( very important that you do this. let your meat rest apox. 5 to 8 min. before you cut into it. I will plate it and wrap foil around it and let it rest that way.

After that its all eating. I like to have some bbq sauce on the side of my plate and dunk the chicken into it. I perfer Cattlemn's Classic barbecue sauce with my chicken.

I hope you enjoy and get out and try this and new stuff on the BBQ this Summer.

TM65 ( Grill Master )

DccFISHerMan
06-23-2009, 07:48 PM
If u like buffalo sauce try puttin franks red hot buffalo sauce on some chicken before bbqin then while in the grill season with webers smokey mesquite seasoning, best damn chicken i ever made!!!

Troutman65
06-23-2009, 08:06 PM
If u like buffalo sauce try puttin franks red hot buffalo sauce on some chicken before bbqin then while in the grill season with webers smokey mesquite seasoning, best damn chicken i ever made!!!

I almost picked up some of the webbers smokey mesquite seasoning today. I will try this next time. Thanks for reading and your reply.:Cool:

troutdog
06-23-2009, 08:07 PM
That sounds pretty darn good there GrillMaster65 and may very well be a future bbq item at the next Vine gathering!

I wanted to reiterate something from the above..... "do not lift the lid!!!!", especially if it is Patrick's lid and trust me when I say you'll NEVER do it again! :LOL:

TD

Troutman65
06-23-2009, 08:15 PM
That sounds pretty darn good there GrillMaster65 and may very well be a future bbq item at the next Vine gathering!

I wanted to reiterate something from the above..... "do not lift the lid!!!!", especially if it is Patrick's lid and trust me when I say you'll NEVER do it again! :LOL:

TD

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Yeah TD, nothing pisses me off more than when somone lifts my lid on my BBQ while I am slow grilling. It really messes up the time and heat thingie.

No worries , I get over being mad soon enough. :LOL::Wink:

We will just keep it a :Secret: TD. OK ?

troutdog
06-24-2009, 01:11 AM
For the record it wasn't me that flipped tm's lid!!!!!!:rofl:

TD

Troutman65
06-24-2009, 09:30 AM
For the record it wasn't me that flipped tm's lid!!!!!!:rofl:

TD

:ROFL::LOL::ROFL::LOL:

Yeah, Your right Aaron . It was not you . I just want to protect the guy who did it. He did not know. I kind of feel bad about it now. :Embarrassed: But , don't mess with my BBQ :!!!: :LOL::Wink:

Another reason I wanted to try the seasoning that I did to the chicken is because the next day ( today as it turns out ) I like to make a cold sandwich out of it. ( the chicken) for lunch thats what I am just going to do. I know after tasting the chicken last night it's going to be a GREAT chicken sandwich.

Troutman65
06-25-2009, 07:38 PM
Man O man, this chicken was so licking good I am Qing another batch tonight. You really should try this recipe . I will have very few samples at Irvine lake tommorow before 3 PM. The first 5 people who show up and buy their entry passes for Friday nights CATFISHing will get to sample this Kicking , Licking , Chicken :!!!: After 3 PM no good as the grill master will have left the lake.

GM65
( Grill Master65 )

Troutman65
06-26-2009, 07:03 PM
I saw one . I gave the food to Vineline.:Big Grin::Wink::Cool:

Troutoholic
07-16-2009, 08:42 PM
You are killing me MR. Grill Master... It's spelled WEBER, NOT WEBBER!!!

DccFISHerMan
07-16-2009, 09:17 PM
had a new one tonight, mixed Franks red hot sauce with teriyaki sauce and brush on while on the Q... soooo good!!!

Troutman65
07-17-2009, 11:19 AM
had a new one tonight, mixed Franks red hot sauce with teriyaki sauce and brush on while on the Q... soooo good!!!

:Cool: Thats how you do it. Mix it and try it . You never know . It could be great.

Troutman65
07-17-2009, 11:22 AM

Your too funny Russ. It was a typeo bro. You should try the recipe . I know you have many recipes you can share.:Big Grin::Wink:

troutdog
07-17-2009, 11:51 AM

A Troutaholic sighting on FNN! :EyePop:

TD

Troutman65
07-18-2009, 11:24 AM
A Troutaholic sighting on FNN! :EyePop:

TD

Rare indeed. Russ is a good guy.:Wink:

Sparky70
07-19-2009, 05:15 PM
Try Soy Vey Teriake sauce next time U marinate chicken.
Also use a little Lemon Pepper and Garlic Powder.

Troutman65
07-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Try Soy Vey Teriake sauce next time U marinate chicken.
Also use a little Lemon Pepper and Garlic Powder.

UMMM Where did that come from Sparky70 ? :LOL::Wink:

Also try adding some fresh grated Ginger root to the Soy Vey . Very very good. :Big Grin::Wink:

DocHolliday
07-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Rare indeed. Russ is a good guy.:Wink:

lol, thats what i was thinking ..... what up Russ!!!

Sue
07-20-2009, 03:30 PM
I think one night this week I'm going to try that - I have a gas grill so I'll try it on that.

Troutman65
07-20-2009, 06:36 PM
I think one night this week I'm going to try that - I have a gas grill so I'll try it on that.

Sue, I hope you get to try it out one night this week. Its really good. If you use a Gas grill put the chicken on the top rack and slow grill it. The chicken temp. should be 180* when done. If you have any questions about the seasoning give me a call.

Hope you enjoy

Sue
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Sue, I hope you get to try it out one night this week. Its really good. If you use a Gas grill put the chicken on the top rack and slow grill it. The chicken temp. should be 180* when done. If you have any questions about the seasoning give me a call.

Hope you enjoy

I have a four burner grill, and it's recommended that I put 2 of the burners on high, but actually put the chicken on the side that's not on - "indirect heat".
What do you think?

Troutman65
07-20-2009, 10:40 PM
I have a four burner grill, and it's recommended that I put 2 of the burners on high, but actually put the chicken on the side that's not on - "indirect heat".
What do you think?

That would be another way of doing it Sue.I would not set the burners on high though. too hot . You want the setting on med to low for that 350* temp. that makes the chicken come out tender & juicy. I have done it both ways. I really perfer grilling on my weber kettle grill with coals.:Wink:

Sue
07-20-2009, 10:55 PM
That would be another way of doing it Sue.I would not set the burners on high though. too hot . You want the setting on med to low for that 350* temp. that makes the chicken come out tender & juicy. I have done it both ways. I really perfer grilling on my weber kettle grill with coals.:Wink:

Yeah well, when I moved out on my own last year I wanted a gril without the hassle of using coals - sent Gator out to find one for me! You've seen it! As it's just me, I STILL have the original bottle of propane from March 2008! :ROFL:

Troutman65
07-21-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah well, when I moved out on my own last year I wanted a gril without the hassle of using coals - sent Gator out to find one for me! You've seen it! As it's just me, I STILL have the original bottle of propane from March 2008! :ROFL:

Sounds like your over due for some BBQ Sue. :Wink: Get er Done :!!!: