PDA

View Full Version : LJ Kelp Bed on the Chubasco 2

deanhall32
06-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Decided to stay local and fish the kelp beds for what has been a red-hot calico bass bite the past week.

Called Captain Ernie and found out the boat was running on its midweek 9-4 half day run. It is actually pretty nice to be able to sleep in and get a half-day of fishing in before the girl gets home from work!

Boat left MB and headed straight for LJ. We anchored up on a pocket of kelp and stayed there the whole time. Tons of life around from birds to seals to bait fish. The calicos were there to play too. I caught calicos on anchovies, plastics ( hey JapanRon), and surface iron.

The sun came out at 11 and it was a gorgeous day to be on the water.

As many of you guys know, Ernie is one of if not the nicest captains you are going to find.

Final count:

Boat- 14 anglers
140 calicos
5 barracuda

Me- 10 calicos ( some released )
1 sand bass

ghetto dad
06-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Nice job Coach...but youre holding a sand bass too....lmao....CALICO FISHING RULES!!! I was thinking about going down there too...but you know me...just thinking about it usually dont mean I make it.....thanks coach

GD

sansou
06-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Nice job on the checkers! Looks like a great day to be on the water.

Wish I could of made it out today, but you know the deal...

troutdog
06-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Great shot of the kelp you were on, congrats on the bass big Dean!

TD

4g63power
06-23-2009, 08:34 PM
you are a fishing machine coach! are you free next week? im taking mon and tues off....time to male model pose with some feeesh

flopps1
06-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Nice report and pics. Take a good checkerboad day anytime!

JapanRon
06-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Hi deanhall32,

Heard lots of good things about Ernie.

Appreciate the effort,

JapanRon

cappo
06-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Nice job Dean. What time did you get to the landing to secure your spot on the rail?

victor101
06-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Good going dean. What got the bigger model calicos?

Ricky-Ray
06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Great going there coach!!!

supasportkid
06-23-2009, 09:37 PM
cool pics. great report

LunkerLover
06-23-2009, 11:00 PM
I've been on the Chub II SEVERAL times and Ernie NEVER fails to deliver ... his energy and his hootin and hollerin adds to the day ... Good guy ... I recommend his rig to anyone willin to drive down to SD :LOL:

deanhall32
06-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Nice job Coach...but youre holding a sand bass too....lmao....CALICO FISHING RULES!!! I was thinking about going down there too...but you know me...just thinking about it usually dont mean I make it.....thanks coach

GD
Sandbass get some credit too GD

Nice job on the checkers! Looks like a great day to be on the water.

Wish I could of made it out today, but you know the deal...
Your deal is you are going to Puerta Vallarta

Great shot of the kelp you were on, congrats on the bass big Dean!

TD
Thanks TD

you are a fishing machine coach! are you free next week? im taking mon and tues off....time to male model pose with some feeesh
Thinking about going on the Chub 2 on Tuesday Jimmy

Nice report and pics. Take a good checkerboad day anytime!
They were so golden in color as they came out of the kelp. Thanks man

Hi deanhall32,

Heard lots of good things about Ernie.

Appreciate the effort,

JapanRon
The guy comes out of the wheelhouse and talks to you on the rail like he's your buddy!

Nice job Dean. What time did you get to the landing to secure your spot on the rail?
8:45 AM Cappo!!

Good going dean. What got the bigger model calicos?
Orange colored sluggos

Great going there coach!!!
Thanks RR

cool pics. great report
Thanks kid!!

I've been on the Chub II SEVERAL times and Ernie NEVER fails to deliver ... his energy and his hootin and hollerin adds to the day ... Good guy ... I recommend his rig to anyone willin to drive down to SD :LOL:
Ernie has made quite a comeback after having to move his boat!! His regulars stayed with him and his business is getting better.

Liteliner
06-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Nice job Dean. Im thinking about jumpin on one of those bass trips soon myself. Thanks for the report.

deanhall32
06-24-2009, 04:07 PM
Nice job Dean. Im thinking about jumpin on one of those bass trips soon myself. Thanks for the report.

I'm going out Tuesday on the Chub 2. It's a 9-4 PL/LJ kelp bed run with a look for YT and then limits of Calicos. Come on down or PM me.

boojoo
06-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Hey Deanhall-

I was wondering what the cost is for this trip. I may interested in this trip in the near future here. Thanks for the info.

boojoo

G.G.A.XMASTER
06-24-2009, 05:07 PM
good job on the Calicos.

ghetto dad
06-24-2009, 05:36 PM

let me know homie...come pick me up

olfishergal
06-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Dean, nice job, we have to fish together again sometime.....OFG

deanhall32
06-24-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey Deanhall-

I was wondering what the cost is for this trip. I may interested in this trip in the near future here. Thanks for the info.

boojoo
$42 cost of the trip $2 jackpot $ gunny sack

good job on the Calicos.
Congrats on your first post. Is your dad still pissed about the skunk?

Okay One_Leg

Dean, nice job, we have to fish together again sometime.....OFG
You've been catching more fish than me young lady!!! Come on down.

Liteliner
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM

You wanna roll? I got my slip signed already. Let me know bro... Got some new guns I wanna work out....

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/lypeter23/IMG_2907.jpg