PDA

View Full Version : Whoohoo! I hooked a keeper!

Dang
06-23-2009, 03:08 PM
So after years of not fishing I finally hooked a beauty of a rainbow last weekend while camping at Cal-Ida in Tahoe National Forest.
And what a beast it was lads. We arrived at one spot on the river right close to the our camp site but decided the river was too shallow for fishing. Unless we had fly rods. Which we didn't.
So we headed up hwy 49 about a half mile where the locals swim. Here was deep water perfect for fishing. At least this newbie figured it was. My wife, son. and son in law decided to go with bait, but I rigged up a gold Kastmaster and on the third cast I hook a fish. I had no idea what it was. "Fish on!' I yelled. ( Saw it on TV.) Everyone scrambled to see! I let my wife hold my rod for a few seconds to see what a fighting fish felt like. I couldn't believe what I landed! A gorgeous 17" Rainbow Trout. What a fighter it was! And what a thrill.
Well it was the only fish that was caught that trip but one I'll remember because that was the biggest trout I ever hooked in my entire life.
I posted a pic under troutdog's reply.
Thanks troutdog!

troutdog
06-23-2009, 03:11 PM
A moment to last an eternity....congrats on that solid rainbow!

TD

Dang
06-23-2009, 03:22 PM
:lol:.........................