PDA

View Full Version : catalina father's day

supasportkid
06-23-2009, 10:18 AM
took my dad and my younger bro to catalina fathers day. we arrived at about 7:30. before that we picked up a half scoop of squid. we began fly lining the squid which produced a 4 pound calico for me. then another nice sized one. we moved several times on the east side of the island for alot of short to barely legal calicos. then we moved to the front side and got a good bite goin that produced alot of decent fish. we used all of our bait and started home at 1:45. the water was really ruff on the way back. mostly closer to home. we had to go only 10 to 15 alot of the way. happy we made it back safe tho. we only kept 4 bass for a bbq the next day. im goin back weds to look for yellows or whites. any advice would help alot . thanks

rockbass
06-23-2009, 07:42 PM
im goin back weds to look for yellows or whites. any advice would help alot . thanks

I'm not the expert, but lively, fly-lined sardines should do the trick- look for spots where you can cast near kelp where there is current or drop-offs.

Report back, let us know how it went!!

JapanRon
06-23-2009, 08:48 PM
Hi supasportkid,

Keep up the good work and always await your reports .... of whatever transpires !!

JapanRon