PDA

View Full Version : Bass Lake??

charliedontsurf
06-23-2007, 01:13 PM
Does anyone have any tips on how to fish for trout at this lake? My family and I are headed up there later this week. Thanks in advance.

Wingnut
06-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Is that the one near Northfork? If it is, lots of trout in there!

charliedontsurf
06-23-2007, 02:23 PM
It is right outside of Yosemite.

Troutman Dan
06-24-2007, 04:27 PM
I've fished the lake alot. I used to have a place in Mariposa for years. You are probably going to need a boat and should troll the Dam area. Fish tend to congrigate there. You can probably hook up with some Kokes too. Flo Pink Wedding Rings are the ticket. Tip it with a PB white Maggot.

TMD

mr. trout
06-24-2007, 09:29 PM
i just got back today from camping there. your gonna need to get a boat to hook up at all. the water temp is real warm and the fish are just too deep. i fished from shore for two days and didnt get a bite and talked to tons of fishermen with the same luck.

SDJHawk
06-24-2007, 10:26 PM
I don't ever see a schedule of what they stock bass lake with?
thanks

Beancounter
06-25-2007, 09:15 AM
It's been years since I've been there but I remember the lake being real noisy during the day(speed boats & skiers). We used to fish early in the morning(for trout) or late at night for bass(8-12 pm).
For trout, the dam area. For bass at night try the opposite end of the lake by the "Denver Church" campground.
Good luck!

Cabodude
06-25-2007, 11:38 AM
Bass Lake is on the western slope, not eastern, but anyway Beancounter is right on. Weekends are crazy and weekdays can get bad with skiers. Get on and off the lake early. Try the docks for bass! They like to hide in the shade. Throw a crank bait by the dock and they will come out of hiding to chow down.

Bass lake has mostly Kokanee, rainbows, and large mouth bass. Last year there were 4 bass over 15lbs caught on big swimbaits.

Best bet right now is to fish deep for kokanee.

charliedontsurf
06-25-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone! I will let you know how it turns out!