PDA

View Full Version : Maiden Voyage on the New Tube June 21st

steve092
06-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Well, I had a fancy post, but my computer froze up and I had to restart it. In the process, everything was lost.

Anyways, I decided I wanted to take out the tube for the first time at Silverwood because: a) Its close to home and b) I wanted to get one last fix of fishing before I leave for Europe tomorrow. I launched in Cleghorn. The tube was in the water around 12 and was out before 2. I first dragged a c-rig with a nightcrawler and worked a lure on the other pole. I headed to my favorite cove. I fished there for a while with no luck at all. With the wind pushing toward the launch area, I relaxed and let the wind bring me back in. I veered a littl ff course to go fish by the swim area. As I was kicking back from the swim area, my c-rig pole got snagged. As I was fixing that pole, I thought my other pole with a dropshotted worm was snagged. But, snags don't fight back! Fish on! I fought with it for a minute or two and brought it up. A nice sized catfish. I'm not too big on those, so I let it go. Overall, it was nice out. The wind was pretty strong, but the nice thing about the tube is that it is pretty maneuverable in the wind.

I do like the exercise.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/steven92/Silverwood%20Lake%2006-21-09/SilverwoodLake06-21-09.jpg

Summer is almost here. Notice the millions of people?
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/steven92/Silverwood%20Lake%2006-21-09/SilverwoodLake06-21-094.jpg

Dangling kitty.
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/steven92/Silverwood%20Lake%2006-21-09/P6210007.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/steven92/Silverwood%20Lake%2006-21-09/P6210008.jpg

Around 15 or 16 inches???
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/steven92/Silverwood%20Lake%2006-21-09/P6210009.jpg

Oh btw, do you guys have any ideas of places/things to see in Paris?

Nessie Hunter
06-22-2009, 03:28 PM
"Oh btw, do you guys have any ideas of places/things to see in Paris?"

Sure, the Louvre, Nepolians Tomb (not really a tomb), Marie Antoinette Cell,
Arche de triumph (?? Spelling) ..
Was there for a week, quite a few yrs ago, to much to even remember it all. Get a Tourist guide book for sure... Just walking around was Awesome...

Sidewalk Cafe's, and long loafs a bread & a bottle of wine... (no wonder I dont remember much)...:Embarrassed:

Shoot me a PM if ya hit the Cleghorn again.. I Tube it often...

tacklejunkie
06-22-2009, 03:31 PM
Good work man. I love the 'wood catfish! Clean, golden and strong! :LOL:

You got a truck! When we gonna see you down here in the tube too! Half the floatilla has boats now! :Shocked:

steve092
06-22-2009, 05:55 PM
"Oh btw, do you guys have any ideas of places/things to see in Paris?"

Sure, the Louvre, Nepolians Tomb (not really a tomb), Marie Antoinette Cell,
Arche de triumph (?? Spelling) ..
Was there for a week, quite a few yrs ago, to much to even remember it all. Get a Tourist guide book for sure... Just walking around was Awesome...

Sidewalk Cafe's, and long loafs a bread & a bottle of wine... (no wonder I dont remember much)...:Embarrassed:

Shoot me a PM if ya hit the Cleghorn again.. I Tube it often...

Thanks for the ideas. I think we're hitting most of those spots you talked about. I do definitely wanna see the 4' casket Napolean is buried in :ROFL:

Yeah, I'll let you know.

steve092
06-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Good work man. I love the 'wood catfish! Clean, golden and strong! :LOL:

You got a truck! When we gonna see you down here in the tube too! Half the floatilla has boats now! :Shocked:

This catfish is only the second one I've caught there, but boy do they put up a fight!

Where at TJ? And, hah, a boat is a little out of my financial league :ROFL:.

seal
06-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Yea jump in the train and head on over to England. They speak better English there, and I liked the beer and bars much better.

Actually France/Paris is great I would just try and get out of Paris and explore the villages outside of the city. People seemed much nicer, IMO.

crappiemike
06-22-2009, 09:22 PM
congrats on your new tube, guess were going to see more of your reports on the water!!!

nice cat on the tube..

cm

copeyboy
06-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey man, nice Silverwood catfish. I seem to catch one or two of them each trip I take out there. As for Paris, get out of town and go to Versailles. I think that's where Monet's summer cottage is at. And don't forget to go check out the other museum in Paris. I think it's called the Musee de Paris or something like that. This is where the majority of Monet's paintings are located, along with the other Impressionist painters' work. My wife and I went there years ago and found out about the second museum after coming home. We're both marks for Impressionism, so we were bummed.

Panfish Junior
06-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Nice cat you got there. Love the sceneries...Thanks for sharing!

steve092
07-03-2009, 01:13 AM
Yea jump in the train and head on over to England. They speak better English there, and I liked the beer and bars much better.

Actually France/Paris is great I would just try and get out of Paris and explore the villages outside of the city. People seemed much nicer, IMO.

Well, London was the first stop on my trip. It was great and I really liked the city. As for Paris, I found it a bit overrated at first. I stayed on the outskirts of Paris and it was ghetto! But once I went to the Louvre and the Opera House, my views completely changed!

steve092
07-03-2009, 01:15 AM
Hey man, nice Silverwood catfish. I seem to catch one or two of them each trip I take out there. As for Paris, get out of town and go to Versailles. I think that's where Monet's summer cottage is at. And don't forget to go check out the other museum in Paris. I think it's called the Musee de Paris or something like that. This is where the majority of Monet's paintings are located, along with the other Impressionist painters' work. My wife and I went there years ago and found out about the second museum after coming home. We're both marks for Impressionism, so we were bummed.

Yup, Versailles was great! That was one of the stops on my trip. It was pretty cool to see Bernini's bust of Louis XIV there. The gardens there were really nice despite only having about an hour to explore.