PDA

View Full Version : Early Bird gets the worm, Late Bird gets the Black and Biscuit

ToadsToadsOnly
06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Early Bird gets the worm, Late Bird gets the Black and Biscuit

We tried to leave earlier than normal to the Islands but after getting gas, stopping at the bait barge, some chop and swell on the way to Cat didn't get to the spot as early as we liked.

As we got near the grounds we see a Zoo out there about thirty boats all lined up ready to put the hurt on the fish. We were the last one to arrive to the party. My buddy says lets anchor near them I tell him NOPE! It does not look like there is very much going on at the ZOO so we turned around and went a bit west of the fleet. Metered some great squid marks dropped the anchor in about 100' water by then it was around 6:30am ish we already missed the Grey Light Bite. Lines in the water about 10 min later I feel a tap tap winded down felt some pressure, swung, HOOKUP!!!!!! The fish starts ripping line I do the tug a war with this buster for about 15min and was wondering what the heck do I have hooked. This guy did not want to budge I ruled out White Seabass maybe a monster Yellow? I had this guy straight up and down for another 10min I get 30ft the fish takes 30ft back. At this point I am saying if this is a Yellow it has to me the mother of all Yellows. Fish finally came to color I yell Get The Gaff! Then it gets closer and floated a Biggo Black Sea Bass. This being the second Black ever I am pretty stoked. I couldn't wait to get my line back down knowing the fish are around. I proceeded to let the black go but it floated Damn... I grabbed it 15min later I finally was able to revive the beast and back home it went. "Fish karma"

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/shyliner626/Picture046.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/shyliner626/Picture045.jpg

In the shuffle a small skiff that was part of the fleet saw us land this fish and headed our way. We were hoping no-one else saw since we got the spot all to our selves. The skiff passed us by dropped their line Bendo. They land a nice one in the 30lb range I give them a thumbs up. I dropped my line back to the depths 5 min later HOOKUP!! Head Shakes its the right kind. I got my instant fishing karma put the wood to this this Biscuit less than 10 min later stuck him with the Gaff game Game Over.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/shyliner626/Picture047.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/shyliner626/Picture051.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/shyliner626/Picture050.jpg

The spot slowed down since it got later in the day we pulled anchor right when we got our anchor up the small skiff went double bendo. I small shark landed 1 pulled hook on a solid fish. We circled back the skiff was bendo again re anchor dropped back down my buddy got his chance went bendo.... zing....Pow! Bye Bye

After that the bite was over we moved to a couple other spots got a Huge Bat Ray, Calicos, Sheep head, 2 halibut, and a few other miscellaneous species.

All and all a great day on the water the Ghost were not able to elude us this time.

Back Side Catalina Go Get Um Guys

Go Big or Go Home

ToadsToadsOnly

troutdog
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Beautiful fish TTO...and the big fish beat just goes on and on :Wink:

TD

beaner
06-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Good jale!!!! chinito juanito!!!!

russ88
06-22-2009, 01:26 PM
Toads Toads at it again. Great goin brother!

socalrippin
06-22-2009, 04:06 PM
you stood true to your name!!! wtg!!!

NY4Reels!
06-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Frikin'A !!

Nice work and smart thinking! Nice mixed bag! Can't get any better!

We Killin ALL fish-626
06-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Nice work there Jerk! LOL i wanna plan a trip to san felipe mother ship trip! U down? about 8 bills for everything....

BIGRED KILLA
06-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the pics and report good eats right there very nice ghost, Nice too see BSB getting landed more my bro got a toad last week there comming back pretty good and nice job to go back to it and help it back down.

Bigred

BIGRED KILLA
06-23-2009, 11:54 AM
Nice work there Jerk! LOL i wanna plan a trip to san felipe mother ship trip! U down? about 8 bills for everything....

www.tonyreyes.com

Bigred

tall tales
06-23-2009, 12:38 PM
did you keep its marbles. very nice and thanks for the read

ToadsToadsOnly
06-23-2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks guys Its been a great start to the beginning of the summer. Cannot wait till the yellows go wide.

Nice work there Jerk! LOL i wanna plan a trip to san felipe mother ship trip! U down? about 8 bills for everything.... I think im going to have to pass on the San Filipe trip this year I got to take care of the business cannot take too many consecutive days off. I know you guys are going to slay it out there though. Im down for Camalu and San Quintin though.

Thanks for the pics and report good eats right there very nice ghost, Nice too see BSB getting landed more my bro got a toad last week there comming back pretty good and nice job to go back to it and help it back down.

Bigred

Yea the Blacks are definitely showing more often. You are located in San Quintin BIGRED KILLA last I heard the six pack rates dropped down there? Do you happen to know how much the trips are running now? I'm probably going to plan a trip down there for September.

did you keep its marbles. very nice and thanks for the read

Yea I have a few from the larger grade WSB I've caught 65, 58, 50. I'm going to start keeping all of them and making a WSB stone necklace, that would be pretty sick.

Liteliner
06-23-2009, 05:16 PM
Nice job man. You been on a serious roll. You slayem everytime you get out. Congrats. Im sure you'll run into them yellows soon...

SueMarie301
06-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Holy Cow! Great report. That fish is almost bigger than you!
Awesome Job!

Sue...

vince champion
06-24-2009, 02:37 AM
damm johnny, always catching then toads! good stuff. I gottta hit up catalina one of these weekends. Probably when it heats up a bit more

JapanRon
06-24-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi ToadsToadsOnly,

Dang how did I miss this one !! WTG on a wildly successful catching trip !!

Monster fishys or what?!

JapanRon

Largemouth_Mitch
06-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Nice biscuit!!!!!!!!!!

ToadsToadsOnly
06-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Holy Cow! Great report. That fish is almost bigger than you!
Awesome Job!

Sue...

Yea I didn't realize how big the black was until I attempted to lift it out of the water, that did not work.

damm johnny, always catching then toads! good stuff. I gottta hit up catalina one of these weekends. Probably when it heats up a bit more

Hook your boat up to the trailer and go now Van you do not need to wait till it heats up. Give me a call or P.M. if you need any assistance on which area's to fish. Or if you need a free guide I am all for it. The weather is usually calmer on the cloudy days, the sun brings the wind offshore.

Hi ToadsToadsOnly,

Dang how did I miss this one !! WTG on a wildly successful catching trip !!

Monster fishys or what?!

JapanRon

Thanks bro yup they were sure some lunker's out that day.