PDA

View Full Version : Want to hit perris need info

Catch 'n' Release
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Just want some quick info. been a long time since i've been there

What are the fees for launching/parking etc.

How strict are they on the mussell inspection, my boat isn't dirty but not the
cleanest.

Weed growth? etc etc.

will be throwin the big baits as usual

tacklejunkie
06-22-2009, 12:59 PM
They are doing full blown mussel inspection but I don't know how strict because I don't own a boat and can't compare from other lakes. Be ready for inspection..

The weeds are there but from what I've seen they're light. I used an extra 4" on my drop shot tag than normal and the bait stayed up out of the crap.

NICKYMOUSE8
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
just a lil tip before you go dont hose down the boat day before inspection keep super dry this guy I know wasn't allowed into silverwood because the boat had a bit of water from the day he washed it before and it was soapy too very strict guide lines now

That Dang Guy
06-22-2009, 01:54 PM
I'd give your boat a wash a few days before you go and make sure it's dry. They are very strict. They are looking for any type of water in any compartments. Make sure the thing is bone dry! They will also use a mechanic slider to search the bottom of your boat for any mussels or gritty feeling surfaces that may small baby mussels. Check your bilge. They will make you open your drain plug and if there is any bit of water dropping out, you fail the inspection.

They will turn you away for the smallest reasons. You can still enter the lake, but they won't let you launch your boat. You either need an inspection pass form or a previous seal you recieve on the way out to launch.

I was out there on friday fishing the area TJ just fished, but from a boat. We did best 10-12 feet of water. Any shallower than that they tended to be a bit smaller. Bass were really active in the 5-6, but were smaller. The vegatation is sparse still, mostly patches of them.

fishfinder
06-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Soon they will be inspecting our float tubes. lol

RoastedBlueGill
06-23-2009, 09:22 PM
went to perris on monday the 15th and friday the 19th. i try to stay away on the weekends. on monday, we saw a larger fish either a 10+ bass or striper busting on trout or bluegill right on the bank in what used to be rock climbers cove. the fish was chasing its quarry up towards the bank. we tried to throw the swimbaits but no action. plenty of bluegill around towards the tire reef, and some 13-16 inch bass action in some of the rockpiles and structure at around 12- 30 feet. our biggest bass on monday, was around 3pounds. pretty much the same on friday, but our biggest bass on friday was close to 5 pounds. their were a few beds in rockclimbers, ones that we could hardly see in the morning. they just appeared as large white spots, we caught one around 3 pounds off of one of the beds.. i thought they were pretty much done here, but not the case. good luck finding them though, on friday, the visibility was terrible. water is always too murky. saw the workers at the tower fishing inside the buoy line, one had around a 12-15 pound catfish....must be nice to be privaledged, if i was caught in there, i'd be in deep $#@$....by the way, i do practice c and r, even though my friends joke that i don't....

Socal Bassman
06-24-2009, 12:28 AM
Soon they will be inspecting our float tubes. lol

Sorry to break it to ya, but they already do, at Perris anyway. Don't know about other lakes. They make me pull out my tube and they check to make sure it's dry. For boats, they'll have you open up every compartment. So make sure that it is dry as a bone. I've seen boats turned away because of water in the bilge area.

As for fees, it's $8/vehicle and $8 to launch. Don't know about the big baits, but dropshotting and jerkbaits have been consistent for me.

tacklejunkie
06-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Yep,
Took the float tube through the line yesterday and asked them to show me the ropes. The guy told me that if it's dry and un-inflated and stowed away on your back car seat, it's obviously dry and you should in his words "just come right in".

I told him "I would be frequenting" and said "I'd rather just go through inspection once or twice and grab my slip first so I have something to show if I get stopped for my slip". He said that sounded like a good idea.

The guy also said that if your tube is inflated and visible.. i.e.. in the back of your truck loaded up, you will need to go through inspection. This includes inflatable craft such as pontoons and kayaks, unless they are un-assembled and resting dry on your car seat.

They want you clean and dry before you come in the gate with any water vehicles!

fishntime
06-24-2009, 10:48 AM
Its seems like a hassle, but in the end it is a task that is well worth the wait. Every time you go to Perris and are getting off the water just go thru the inspection again before you leave. They will give you a tag that will prevent you from having to go thru the inspection next time you launch there.

hookup
06-24-2009, 09:10 PM
if you throw the big baits i would just use blue gills the triple trout. i was there two or three months ago throwing the big baits and was dead sticking my punker for a good three minutes and was either broken off by a huge striper or the biggest large mouth of my life time.