PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Father's Day

Shock
06-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Took my dad and the boys up to Castaic for some Father's Day fishing.

On the water by 6:30 and straight to the first spot where my son hooks up right away with the wrong species.... He had fun bringing it in though!!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/Castaic06212009-2.jpg

Circled back around a couple times and my other son is on with a dink Striper. Forgot to take a pic as we hurried to get it back to grow some more....

Circled back around again, and one of the rigs gets slammed hard, MY turn... The pole had some serious bendo action going on and I could tell this one would have been my personal best for sure. My dad took over the wheel and turned inside instead of keeping it straight. Line slacked and it got off about half way in.... DAMN....

Bob joined in on the spot and we watched as he hooked up on a couple dinks and then farmed a nice one the same way I lost mine..... Had to tease him about the sardine size striper he hooked up on though!!!

After that my dad hooks up with a another dink so we decide to troll on down the fish arm... Half way up one of the rigs gets slammed hard and after a nice little fight my dad pulls this nice one in....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/Castaic06212009-1.jpg

Jaime took a pic with it also before throwing it on ice....

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/Castaic06212009-3.jpg

We trolled all the way around the fish arm for nothing but a couple of snags. No lost rigs though. We decided to high tail it up the ski arm and see if we could find some action trolling other dam, but the bouy line is back up so that was a no go....

Saw Bob pulling up his rigs so we pulled up to him and shot the s*** with him for a few. Bob was pissed because the damn lake lice cut off his rigs... Man were they rude out there today. So I hooked him up with some more swimbodies and he hooked us up with a couple schoolies and we were on are way to try another spot. No luck so we decided to call it a day and finish a couple of prjects at home.

Weather was great, started out cloudy which I prefer, and by 11:00 or so the sun was shining and it warmed up resulting in too much lake lice out on the water.

See ya on the water...

gletemfeelsteelgary
06-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Glad to see ya got in on some action, it's far from WFO but things will change for the better soon enough, with leveling barrometric pressure should pick up soon.

Congrats on the feesh, looks like a fun day indeed : )

And yes, the lake lice are a problem now but ya betta get used to it unfortunately : (

Congrats,
Gary

kpn
06-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Good job taking your Dad & your boys out for a Father's Day fishing Joseph. Too bad the big boy did not want to play....You'll get em next time bro.

KPN.

crappiemike
06-22-2009, 09:18 PM
thnx for your report and pics... looked like a fun day!!!

cm

Hitts0n
06-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Cool pics shocker ! hope you had a blast !

BIGBASS MB
06-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Nothing like father and son fishing on fathers day MB

surfinkimo
06-23-2009, 08:13 PM
Very nice Father's Day catch!!

trail blazer
06-23-2009, 09:17 PM
xlnt job getting pops and the boys on fish
WTG