PDA

View Full Version : Soars on cencal bass?????

J. Owen
06-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Can anyone idenify what is wrong with these bass notice the herpie looking soarse on the body note: I did catch them al in the same area the other fish were fine in other areas....

Nessie Hunter
06-22-2009, 06:58 AM
If those were caught recently, I will take a guess that it is a colder water, higher elevation lake???
The rocky outcropping in the background indicates sharp rocky structure in that area...
The first pic, I see sores/injuries on the side of the bass, but second & third are bottom of tail only???

I would take a wild guess here, and say they are all males Spawning in a sharp rocky bottom area of a colder lake...
LMB spawn at about 70* to 72* plus, water temp......

The one with sores on his side may be from trying to move rocks???

Hard to tell from the pics... I could be very wrong...... :Embarrassed:

DarkShadow
06-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Those fish hung out with the wrong female bass.

sansou
06-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Just cut around the sores when you fillet them...cause, remember: it's your right! :Rolls Eyes:

chunk
06-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Just cut around the sores when you fillet them...cause, remember: it's your right! :Rolls Eyes:

jeez guy asks an honest question and gets attacked,thats cool.those sores,especially the first one,look like red sore disease,the same thing that decimated big bear a few years ago.pm bblbasser he knows much more on the subject,he dealt with it alot.

J. Owen
06-29-2009, 02:53 PM

uh ya i catch and release not to sure how to respond to this one is it anamosity or not cant tell :ROFL:

BIGRED KILLA
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Man some peeps cant take a joke.

Bigred

largemouthlad
06-29-2009, 05:46 PM
I could be wrong but that looks like Silverwood Lake which has a high level of mercury in it that effects the bass.

J. Owen
06-30-2009, 04:15 AM
I could be wrong but that looks like Silverwood Lake which has a high level of mercury in it that effects the bass.

lopez lake, i heard that they had this problem down there also

J. Owen
06-30-2009, 04:16 AM
Man some peeps cant take a joke.

Bigred

be cool bigred just becool:Cool:

City Dad
07-01-2009, 06:19 PM
those soarse look a lot like sores to me... and those aren't anything a little clone stamping won't cure ;)