PDA

View Full Version : New Tuber Here! Need holdover fins and waders...

pescado abajo
06-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Hey guys -
My wife got me a fish cat 4 for Father's Day, and I plan on getting some Hot Spots and higher-end breathable waders (not sure which at the moment, still researching). Til I save up some $$ to get those, I need some other, less-expensive but serviceable fins and waders. Any suggestions? Any input is appreciated!
I really want to get out in the tube!! I plan on hitting up Perris and Silverwood as soon as I can.
Looking forward to tubing w/ you guys soon!!!

Thanks and TIGHT LINES!
pa

Nessie Hunter
06-24-2007, 08:27 AM
Patrick, You can get some fins VERY cheap at wallyWorld etc that will work.... $15??

I would recommend an old pair of socks or two, to protect feet, & keep from getting blisters on feet, (if not using waders, see below).. Just chuck them when done, they get stained from dirt/algae/weeds etc....

For Perris and the Wood. Right now the water is warm enough, you can go out with *no* waders and its nice (trunks or board shorts, feels great on hot days)...

Any other lakes, check for *Body Contact* rules. Some require waders, some do not allow Float Tubes at all...

Good luck, your gonna have a blast buddy... :D :D

fishinmagician
06-24-2007, 09:24 AM
I've been using a enexpensive pair of diving fins for years and I have no complaints.

pescado abajo
06-24-2007, 10:00 AM
Patrick, You can get some fins VERY cheap at wallyWorld etc that will work.... $15??

I would recommend an old pair of socks or two, to protect feet, & keep from getting blisters on feet, (if not using waders, see below).. Just chuck them when done, they get stained from dirt/algae/weeds etc....

For Perris and the Wood. Right now the water is warm enough, you can go out with *no* waders and its nice (trunks or board shorts, feels great on hot days)...

Any other lakes, check for *Body Contact* rules. Some require waders, some do not allow Float Tubes at all...

Good luck, your gonna have a blast buddy... :D :D

frank you just made my day!!!
guy @ sports chalet told me i had to have waders on everywhere. i told him i didn't see it in the regs, but he said ALL the lakes out here req'd them. PERRIS AND 'WOOD, HERE I COME :banana: :banana:

joe man
06-24-2007, 08:50 PM
I use either caddis (which I don't recommend) or a set of US divers fins that came with a snorkel setup. Both are very cheep and work well enough. I was at Isabella today and even before 7 the water temp was OK without waders.