PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding limits

surfinkimo
06-21-2009, 09:35 AM
I have a few questions and hope someone can help me out, please.

What are the limits on types of fish? Where is it posted? Are there different limits at different lakes, etc??

mudskipper76
06-21-2009, 09:42 AM
hope this helps. good luck.
http://www.dfg.ca.gov/regulations/

a biley
06-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Largemouth Bass is capture and release only in every lake and every state... :Secret:

tacklejunkie
06-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Where is it posted? Are there different limits at different lakes, etc??
Some lakes are "Pay stock lakes" That you pay to fish and they always stock with something. They usually have limits or you can pay for double limits or sometimes even no limit! ask the guy you paid to get in.

Other lakes (state, city and county) will have limits posted or you can ask the guys running the booths or the marinas. Usually each place will be slightly different depending on what type of fish population they have. Sometimes they have an abundance of panfish and no limit and sometimes C&R bass only or limit 10 striper per person or whatever. Each place will be a bit different so best to ask the guys who know at the lake and cover your butt!

fishfinder
06-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I have a few questions and hope someone can help me out, please.

What are the limits on types of fish? Where is it posted? Are there different limits at different lakes, etc??

Seeing how you live in the A/V, I will guess that you go to castaic or pyramid, or even the aquaduct.
castaic and pyramid limits for striped bass is 10 and no size limit.
trout is 5 and no size limit.
I think blue gill and crappie are the same as trout.
not sure on cats
and Largemouth Bass,,,,I aint even gonna go there....:EyePop: