PDA

View Full Version : Sansou and deanhall32 on the Prowler- 6/20

deanhall32
06-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Saw that the fish counts were up on Thursday so I called Sansou and we met at Fishermen's Landing for an overnighter on the Prowler.

Woke up Saturday morning with the boat stopped in the dark waiting for gray light so we could do some trolling. As I grabbed a cup of coffee I heard some commotion and noticed that 4 rods were bent that produced 4 albies. Wow. We hadn't even started fishing and we already had fish!! An epic day, or so I thought.

We spent the next 8 hours trolling and looking for kelp paddies. We were 60 miles south of Point Loma and ended up trolling back 35 miles with nothing as far as a jig strike or kelp paddy sighting. At 4 PM we stop on a meter mark and Sansou hooks up with a bluefin on the blue and white jig. Turns out that was the last fish caught and the jackpot.... Nice going Rich!!

Boat got in at 8:30 and I am writing this report at 10:00 PM while it still fresh.

Still early in the year but it is going to be a great year.

really_drunk
06-20-2009, 10:14 PM
good report d/h ...congrats on tha j/p sansou... hopefully it will be a good season .. i scored a seat on an overniter out of san diego on the 2nd of july a day after my b-day.... wish me luck!!!:Twisted:

DEADROOTS
06-20-2009, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the report. Toro sashimi!!

Oz
06-20-2009, 11:12 PM
dean, wheres your mug in these picz??? what did u catch???? great report as always homie. wtg rich on ya JP winning feeeesh :Cool:

deanhall32
06-20-2009, 11:18 PM
dean, wheres your mug in these picz??? what did u catch???? great report as always homie. wtg rich on ya JP winning feeeesh :Cool:

Hey!! I'm just the reporter. Kind of like a "First Person Report" on WON. I was hooking and handing............hahahahah

Oz
06-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Hey!! I'm just the reporter. Kind of like a "First Person Report" on WON. I was hooking and handing............hahahahah

i bet u was hooking on the boat :ROFL:

That Dang Guy
06-21-2009, 12:06 AM
It trips me out that the water temp is below average this year, but it looks like they're moving north early.

The same thing with the grunion. It's a record year for them.

WSB triple fish limits as well.

What's next?

BET? I hope so, so i can cross another fish off the lifetime record.

victor101
06-21-2009, 06:16 AM
Thanks for the report Deano....congrats to Rich on the jackpot!

cappo
06-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Good job handin off that fish Dean haha,
and good job landing it Rich.

sansou
06-21-2009, 10:14 AM
The four albacore that were caught in the dark of morning was kinda weird since we didn't really start "fishing" yet and we were randomly drifting while captains switched up. Weird...considering how the rest of our day turned out. LOL

On one of the last stops of the day, we stopped at a few scarce birds diving. Myself and a cool dude that helps run the El Gato Dos (six-pack out of Seaforth) were the only guys throwing jigs all day at the bow. We fired some off at the boils. He got picked up on the drop but the fish didn't stick. I fired one last one out way short of a distant boil, let it sink deep, and boom! By the time myself or the other jig guy could get another one out, the bow was totally mobbed with bait guys trying to fling sardines downwind to the boils. LOL I dont blame anyone but the captain cause he never explained to the anglers (a lot of new guys to the sport) how things work on a sportboat. In fact, we never ever heard from the captain the whole trip...

After that little flurry of excitement: nada nada, once again.

I had a good time fishing and cracking jokes with El Coach, and we got to meet some cool new people that are members of FNN already (GGANGLER)! Hopefully we'll all get to wet a line together again.

Coach and I agreed at the beginning of the trip to split any fish, so I'm going to try to make Poki Salad for the first time tonight with my half.

diamondbear
06-21-2009, 02:06 PM
very good job Sansou , I probably won't make it out this season so iam living by your reports , ha . nice jackpot fish .

Liteliner
06-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Nice job guys. Congrats on the JP and the bluefin Rich. Hope the fishing keeps gettin better...

BIGRED KILLA
06-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Nice job out on the big pond boys sucks about the slow day tho but very nice Blue F you got Rich. I hope you ate it that day thats some killer stuff.

Bigred

JapanRon
06-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi deanhall32,

Thanks for the always nice report on what I'm guessing was an exploratory (you guys' wallets) trip ....'the troll'. :) Congrats on the JP !!

Sansou .... appreciate the color commentary .... always different stuff happening on deck or a 'rest of the story' episode for added interest !

More catching will be waiting on your next trip,

JapanRon

russ88
06-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Nice JP bluefin.... Congrats!

paDDy
06-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Nice going Rich! Way to get out on the local stuff before you really start fishing hard in PV next week. You will be throwin yellowfin that size back or use em for bait down there. Nice killing a bluefin thrown iron!! 100lb+ Yellowfin next!!