PDA

View Full Version : lake hemet

bstolton
06-19-2009, 11:20 PM
anybody been up to lake hemet in the last couple of days. I`m thinkin bout hittin it on sunday.I heard they have been getting some good bites on trout. I think some fresh trout on the grill for dads day sounds good!

GdHkSet1
06-19-2009, 11:48 PM
PM Pwynn... He is dialed in up there. Good luck.

pwynn
06-22-2009, 06:25 AM
anybody been up to lake hemet in the last couple of days. I`m thinkin bout hittin it on sunday.I heard they have been getting some good bites on trout. I think some fresh trout on the grill for dads day sounds good!

i know this is a little late but. there trout are still biting but is is kinda slow right now. there has been a giant algae bloom and the water looks like pea soup. some of this is caused by the massive about of carp in the lake right now. that is why there are going to have a carp round up next month. before i would make the trip up i would call and see if they blue stoned, because they are soon and it kills the bit for a couple weeks.....good luck

bstolton
06-22-2009, 08:24 PM
made it up there on sunday, fished from about 8 am to 3 pm. I usually just shore fish but we rented a boat this time. It was kinda breezy and the anchor line was too short on our boat to do any good, so we drifted around alot. Water was very green and the fishing was real slow. Managed to catch 1 trout and 1 bluegill, so no skunk. Still had a good time fishing with the wife and the dog, luv being outdoors. Pwynn keep us posted on the carp and the water conditions up there, hope to get back up there soon and have better luck. How does the blue stone affect the fish, no die offs I hope.

Bill