PDA

View Full Version : i think im ready?!?!

fisherman from long beach
06-19-2009, 08:21 PM
just bought float tube,got waders,fins ,lures ,license,sunglasses sun protect,am i missing anything important?

Socal Bassman
06-19-2009, 08:38 PM
A rod and reel might be helpful if you plan on catching fish. :LOL: J/K.

Although, you didn't mention anything about a Coast Guard approved life vest, which is required. You don't have to wear it, but it must be readily available. A whistle or some other kind of noise maker is also a must if you plan on fishing lakes which gets heavy boat traffic. Other than those, you might want to think about a pair of neoprene boots to protect the soles of your waders.

fisherman from long beach
06-19-2009, 08:40 PM
i got the rod and real ready also,have life vest ready,also i read that we cant tube in redondo if not,can you give directions to nph,where to park or h b

BBfish
06-19-2009, 08:54 PM
If you put on the neoprene boots to protect the soles what do you do with them when you put on the fins?

BB

matt duarte
06-19-2009, 11:31 PM
i got the rod and real ready also,have life vest ready,also i read that we cant tube in redondo if not,can you give directions to nph,where to park or h b

since your in LB hit PCH and go south...i think its south lol

tacklejunkie
06-20-2009, 02:34 AM
If you put on the neoprene boots to protect the soles what do you do with them when you put on the fins?

BB
They're meant to go under the fins.

Skyler
06-21-2009, 09:04 PM
If you are new to float tubing, you may want to take a few trips to some freshwater lakes first to build up your leg muscles and get a feel for it. The currents can get pretty swift in NPH, especially toward the wedge, and if your legs cramp, you're basically at nature's mercy. As for stuff to bring, don't forget a net. Landing fish from a float tube can be an ordeal without one. Also duct tape and a mouth fill hose, in case your tube springs a leak.

A tip: Try not to drink too much water. There aren't too many restrooms accessible from the middle of NPH, lol.