PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Lake 6-18

Ragetron
06-19-2009, 12:31 PM
I seem to have lost my camera charger so unfortunately I have no pics. But thought I'd write up a little report. Fished Jenks yesterday in the tube. Beautiful day and I was the only tube on the water. I actually fished for bass almost the whole day. I wanted to see if I could get on some of the larger bass I know are in there. Caught about a dozen little micros dinks on the drop shot and texas worm. Highlight of the day was catching a three # holdover trout out in deep water on a 6" roboworm on the drop. I think it was the biggest trout Ive caught there. Very strong, healthy fish.

Anyways it was great to be out on the water. I love that little lake. Still can't get on the larger models. For those that expected a trout report, the fishing seemed to be slow from shore. One guy was having some luck from the pier, but overall it seemed there were a lot of skunks.

Good luck out there,
BRAD

DCCTrouserTrout
06-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Going there tomorrow in the float tube. Targeting trout but maybe I should bring some bass gear too in case the trout don't want to play

tacklejunkie
06-19-2009, 04:27 PM
The dinks will waste your robos there. haha
You gotta fish tiny crankbaits and 4lb test jerkbaits or trout spinners for the dinks so you save money.

Froggin' when it gets hot is nice but has to be a good day. You'll know it right away within a few tries :Wink:

Try any swimmies? flyline creatures? wacky weedless senkos?!

Trouts always biting there if you're in a tube! Funner to look for that monster. Prolly an old fish too cause it's cold up there!

Ragetron
06-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah I know TJ. I left in a hurry and forgot all my bass tackle other than my plastics. Caught a bunch of them on a gold PM though. I really wanted to toss some frogs around, but thats what happens when your too anxious to get out on the water.

Ragetron
06-19-2009, 04:47 PM
I thought about bringing my swimbait gear up there, but decided against it. There are definately bass in there big enough, just not many. Anyone ever thrown swimmies up there with any luck? Green Valley Lake is snother place i think a swimmy would work. I've seen 7-8#ers cruising around there. Just dont like paying $15 to fish.

tacklejunkie
06-19-2009, 05:11 PM
I've heard swimbaits stories and seen pictures, but this is the internet. :LOL:
"Things are not always what they seem"

To throw swimbaits, you'd likely want to go on a weekday to avoiding hitting any other people on the water. It can get packed on weekends and probably turns the bite down too.

I have caught some to 2lbs in there and I lost one on the frog that had to be 4 or more for sure. It was in 4' of water under a 1' thick mat of weeds and lilies. When it hit my frog it's mouth was so full of bush it couldn't fit anything else in and my frog went sailing. Scared the bajeesus out of me.