PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone fished the lc from a yak or tube from outside the surfline

Hometown
06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
Any information on how to fish the lc and wich ones work in what conditions:???::???::???:if u want u can pm me.thanks in advance.

Alexi
06-20-2009, 02:40 AM
the surf is a rough place for LC's but they work. the flash minnow has worked pretty good as a general rule from many surf anglers i talk to when i hit the sand. why? i have no clue, but they swear by the $15 lure:Rolls Eyes: i like to use daiwa's and rapalas as well.

anyway, halibut will jump all over the LC's if you present it to them and if you run into some kelp past the sets, you can have a good time on some calico and sand bass action.

i also like to throw in big hammer swim baits. 3 inch up to 5 inch on 1/4 - 1/2ounce leadheads.

ToadsToadsOnly
06-24-2009, 01:23 PM
I have fished the LC's off the yak and off private boats for calico's they work awsome on finicky bites when the fish do not want the plastic. But they are a little expensive to fish the kelp with. I have had days where the bite was pretty slow switched over to the LC's and WFO it went.

TShaffer
06-24-2009, 01:31 PM
My Pointer has killed bonito at the breakwall when the are baitballs and active fish.

eagleeyes
06-25-2009, 01:13 PM
I use a deeper diving crankbait from Berkley Frenzy line as trolling bait. They are great catching halis and other fish using that technique.
Steve

socalrippin
06-25-2009, 01:54 PM
lc's work everywhere!

thats why they cost $15...