PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 6/9/09 A.K.A Honey hole

fishntime
06-18-2009, 01:46 PM
So get on the water at about 6:30 am, and head towards the dam. Find a few bedding bass that are un willing to play. Or maybe I just spooked them, Im new to site fishing so bare with me. Anyways on the the next spot. Here is where some action begins. I see quite a few Largies here so I decide to back off the spot and begin to toss. Within a few casts I feel a tick so I set the hook and this little beast takes me into the weeds. So after a little fight and boat manuevering I manage to land a solid 3lb largie. With about 2lbs of salad. But as this fish is surfacing, I notice a monster come up with this guy so I quickly release. And give the other fish a few minutes to forget about me. So after about 15mins. I go back to the spot and cast in to the weed line, and sure enough a feel a tick tick, so I set the hook. The one was a fighter she took me deep into the weeds. I managed to land her. She wheighed about 6lbs. After that I caught a couple more dinks but nothing big. Off the water by 11. All in all a good morning of fishing..
The second pic is of the male that was caught 1st.

Fishbrains
06-20-2009, 02:17 AM
Dam jus incase ur scale is broke that bass will go at least 14lbs :)

fishntime
06-20-2009, 03:55 AM
I actually took it to the marina and weighed it there. She felt alot heavier thou. I think its time to invest in a digital scale?