PDA

View Full Version : Homemade live bait tank

sh1bby69
06-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Hey there. I have a 69 glastron that we just bought. I am wondering if anyone has made a homemade live bait tank. If so, how did you make it and what materials did you use to make it? Since I'm not on my small inflatable they won't sell me a kayak scoop. Let me know what helps.

Sparky70
06-18-2009, 12:59 AM
A 69 Glastron?????????Does it still float?

matt duarte
06-18-2009, 01:19 PM
have any pix of the boat? im buying a 79 glastron on saturday!

as for the bait tank you can use one of the conpartments as one or it might be easier to make one...buy building a box and seal the wood and you can lay fiberglass on the inside to water proof..or just build a box around a ice chest, clamp a tube on the spout on the bottom of the chest to drain the water and just direct the hoses out the back or where your pumps are.. and drop a BPS air rator in there and you good to go!

Socal Bassman
06-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm sure Cabelas has one that will fit in your boat. Check them out here:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/index/index-display.jsp?id=cat21306&navAction=jump&navCount=1&cmCat=MainCatcat21276&parentType=category&parentId=cat21276

sh1bby69
06-21-2009, 11:02 PM
haha it still floats! it's a very powerful boat. We added 2 new seats. I made a live bait tank. I used a 48L cooler and have a hose connected to 500gph bilge pump which I can throw over the side to get fresh water. Then I have a over fill hose to go out. But I think I need to reposition it lower because it's about level with inlet. But do you think if I throw the bilge pump in the cooler and recycle the water the fish will still live?

GillyGreen
07-20-2009, 03:28 PM
A good quality yard trash can will work in a pinch.. some hoses, a pump, a couple fittings,, and your in... maybe more capacity than you wanted but your bait will stay alive..

MAVERICK27
07-22-2009, 02:03 PM
I'M GLAD THAT SOMEBODY POSTED THIS. i HAVE A LIVEWELL ON MY BOAT NOW, BUT IT GETS CLOGGED WITH SCALES AND ETC. PLUS THE SALT WATER CANT BE GOOD FOR MY PUMP. I WANT TO MAKE ONE SO I CAN TAKE IT OFF EASILY WHEN I GO BACK TO FRESH WATER. ANY EXPERIENCE OUT THERE?? SORRY FOR THE THREAD JACK, HOPE ITS NOT TOO OFF TOPIC.