PDA

View Full Version : Got a good wine margarita recipe?

billy b
06-17-2009, 04:52 PM
I had a few good ones, during game 5, at Michaela's in Bport and wondered if anybody knew any good ones. I guess I can just do some white wine and margarita mix ... but this seemed to have some fizz in it.

Suggestions VERY appreciated.

Troutman65
06-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I had a few good ones, during game 5, at Michaela's in Bport and wondered if anybody knew any good ones. I guess I can just do some white wine and margarita mix ... but this seemed to have some fizz in it.

Suggestions VERY appreciated.

The fizz may of been soda water ?

billy b
06-18-2009, 07:12 AM
I bet you're right. I haven't thought about Soda Water in a while. Never heard of using it in mixed drinks ... but I don't have a lot of experience either.

Granny Fish
06-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Never heard of a wine margarita. Are you sure it wasn't just an old fashoned wine spritzer or sangria?

JediMindTricks
06-18-2009, 09:00 AM
i love to drink. :Big Grin:

Cactus Berry

A Cactus Berry starts with tequila, red wine, triple sec, sweet and sour mix, lemon-lime soda and lime juice.

1 1/4 ounce tequila
1 1/4 ounce red wine
1 ounce triple sec
6 1/2 ounce sweet and sour mix
1 splash lemon-lime soda
1 dash lime juice

Shake with ice and pour into large salt-rimmed cocktail or margarita glass

billy b
06-18-2009, 11:33 AM
The owner definitely said it was a "wine margarita." I believe he is limited on how heavy an alcohol he can sell, also.

It definitely looked like a maragarita ... with or without salt ... not red ... and tasted like it had margarita mix in it. I'm guessing it had soda water, or lemon lime soda in it.

Appreciate the help and advice from y'all!!

troutdog
06-18-2009, 11:54 AM
A friend of mine turned me onto this one awhile back....not bad, but I prefer silver patron myself :Wink:

*6 ounces dry white wine
*4 ounces Cointreau or Triple Sec
*juice from 10 limes, freshly squeezed
*crushed ice to top of blender
*Margarita salt (optional)

1. Place wine, Cointreau and lime juice in blender. Fill until almost full with crushed ice.

2. Blend until very slushy.

3. If salt-rimmed glasses are desired, wet top of martini or Margarita glass with water and swirl in small dish of salt.

4. Pour Margarita into the glass

5. Garnish with bikini clad blonde or brunette and enjoy!

TD

DarkShadow
06-18-2009, 01:14 PM
A friend of mine turned me onto this one awhile back....not bad, but I prefer silver patron myself :Wink:

*6 ounces dry white wine
*4 ounces Cointreau or Triple Sec
*juice from 10 limes, freshly squeezed
*crushed ice to top of blender
*Margarita salt (optional)

1. Place wine, Cointreau and lime juice in blender. Fill until almost full with crushed ice.

2. Blend until very slushy.

3. If salt-rimmed glasses are desired, wet top of martini or Margarita glass with water and swirl in small dish of salt.

4. Pour Margarita into the glass

5. Garnish with bikini clad blonde or brunette and enjoy!

TD

So that recipe doesn't use tequila at all?

Daryl
07-14-2009, 12:11 PM
Most places with a beer and wine only license use soju. It's a super strong rice wine that they can get away with selling. It does an adequate job at replacing certain spirits for making mixed drinks without the liquor license.

tpfishnfool
07-19-2009, 07:47 AM
There is no such thing as a wine margarita ! imo