PDA

View Full Version : MLB steroid thread

troutdog
06-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Have at it guys....knock yourselves out! :Dead Horse:

TD

BrownTrout
06-17-2009, 10:50 AM
i personally think everyone should get over it. i have no problem with what someone else, especially a professional athlete does with thier body.

brando123
06-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Sorry to high jack your thread TD. Ok i think that Vin scully is one of the best announcers of all time. But this year and some of last i have been getting sick of him. I really enjoy when Stiener if the announcer or lyons. Take this game for example, KEMP was clearly safe on the replay, But Scully " He almost made it" I want an announcer who gets pissed off on bad calls against the dodgers. This season doesn't even seem like he is a fan of the Dodgers. Meh idk i sound dumb. MAYBE ITS TEH ROID RAGE.

DCCTrouserTrout
06-18-2009, 05:57 AM
i personally think everyone should get over it. i have no problem with what someone else, especially a professional athlete does with thier body.

I have a problem with it because baseball was a sport I loved to play when I was growing up, and now my 4 year old son really loves the sport and the people he will soon be looking up to on the TV are all juiced. Not a very good example if you ask me.

Sorry to high jack your thread TD. Ok i think that Vin scully is one of the best announcers of all time. But this year and some of last i have been getting sick of him. I really enjoy when Stiener if the announcer or lyons. Take this game for example, KEMP was clearly safe on the replay, But Scully " He almost made it" I want an announcer who gets pissed off on bad calls against the dodgers. This season doesn't even seem like he is a fan of the Dodgers. Meh idk i sound dumb. MAYBE ITS TEH ROID RAGE.

And as for Vin, maybe it is just me but he has always seemed like a pretty even kill type of guy. He just calles the game and is very impartial. But hey, maybe I am wrong. One thing I do know is the guy is just getting old. I remember even with Chick Hearn (who I loved and am not trying to show disrespect) as he got older, he started saying some odd ball stuff. You can't be on top of your game forever...

Scoring Machine
06-18-2009, 10:24 AM
"I'm not a role model... Just because I dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids." - Sir Charles

troutdog
06-18-2009, 10:44 AM

Vin has always called the game impartially, if you like someone calling the game like a fan than Vinny is not your guy.

If you want someone calling a routine flyball like it is headed to the back of the bullpen then Steiner is definitely your cup of tea Brando! :Wink:

And this has to do with roids how? :ROFL:

TD

brando123
06-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Vin has always called the game impartially, if you like someone calling the game like a fan than Vinny is not your guy.

If you want someone calling a routine flyball like it is headed to the back of the bullpen then Steiner is definitely your cup of tea Brando! :Wink:

And this has to do with roids how? :ROFL:

TD

HAHA has nothing to do with it. I was just REALLY mad when Kemp was thrown out at the plate, Vin said"Looks like he almost got in" WHEN HE WAS SAFE BY A LOT!!!!. You are right i do enjoy when Steiner announces, I am glad this is his last year. I'm all Vinnied out.

brando123
06-18-2009, 05:33 PM
I have a problem with it because baseball was a sport I loved to play when I was growing up, and now my 4 year old son really loves the sport and the people he will soon be looking up to on the TV are all juiced. Not a very good example if you ask me.

And as for Vin, maybe it is just me but he has always seemed like a pretty even kill type of guy. He just calles the game and is very impartial. But hey, maybe I am wrong. One thing I do know is the guy is just getting old. I remember even with Chick Hearn (who I loved and am not trying to show disrespect) as he got older, he started saying some odd ball stuff. You can't be on top of your game forever...

Yea i agree with that. I'm trying hard not to hate on that guy because he is a legend. But ya gotta call it quits some time.