PDA

View Full Version : fattie

Megsdad
06-17-2009, 07:50 AM
it's hard to tell because it is such a bad picture(s) but this one weighed in just over 7lbs. Hard to hold the fish AND take it's picture.

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q468/megsfish/IMG_0253.jpg

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q468/megsfish/IMG_0252.jpg

peace!
Joe

Catch 'n' Release
06-17-2009, 10:15 AM
damn, wish i could get into vail with swimbaits

nice one

JediMindTricks
06-17-2009, 01:24 PM
yeah i wouldn't be able to tell how many lbs that is. looks like the 2lbers i catch on the regular. no offense, not saying it isn't 7+........ im just saying.

DCCTrouserTrout
06-17-2009, 07:13 PM
yeah i wouldn't be able to tell how many lbs that is. looks like the 2lbers i catch on the regular. no offense, not saying it isn't 7+........ im just saying.

That isn't no 2 pounder fool. Look how big the head on that fish is compared to his hand. Just a bad camera angle. Nice fish man

abbfanuc
06-17-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice catch! Who cares about the weight, it's still a great fattie. What kind of line/setup/rod did you use.

bassmeister
06-17-2009, 10:48 PM
7lb is good to me.

JediMindTricks
06-18-2009, 08:20 AM
That isn't no 2 pounder fool. Look how big the head on that fish is compared to his hand. Just a bad camera angle. Nice fish man

didn't say it was foooOL. just saying its hard to tell.

get a ruler, and next time just lay him down for a second and snap a picture.
even without the ruler, no harm in laying him down for just a second.
good job either way. not trying to hate at all. my bad.

smokinflies
06-18-2009, 09:37 AM
wow. that sucker is a fattie. awesome.

yeah, i bet holding that sucker up with one hand and snapping a shot is difficult, but it beats lying it on the floor. thanx for sharing.

Megsdad
06-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Thanks,
sometimes I like to do a picture test before a do a report.

Abbfanuc - I was dropshotting dead shad and using 8lb test. (I wish I could say top water and the fish exploded on it, but no) Check out my full report in SoCalFreshwater (on this site) under "two half days at vail"

JediMindTricks - I understand, they are very poor pictures. I was very disapointed in the pictures I got of this fish (the 7lber), I thought I snapped a few more from different angels but they didn't take, I pushed the button, the camera clicked, no problem right? -- (my daughter told me later the camera auto focuses first, and then takes, I probably thought it took on the auto focus) Anyway, My scale was bouncing just over 7lbs when I weighed it, I caught plenty of 2, and 3 lbers that day, please believe me when I say this fish was a beast compared to the others.

Here is a picture of another fish from that day for some perspective. I was holding both fish as far away from me as I could with my short stubby arms. Please check out my full report in SoCalFreshwater (on this site) under "two half days at vail" for a few more pics.

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q468/megsfish/IMG_0248.jpg

Peace,
Joe